IGNORED

Brian Grainger (Milieu) & David Tagg - Pillbox T-Z

Mellow U

pillboxcover-500x500.jpg

BRIAN GRAINGER & DAVID TAGG

PILLBOX T-Z

SECOND SUN RECORDINGS / 21MG SERIES

12x3" CD-R SET IN HANDMADE WHITE PLASTIC BOX

This is the fourth and final box set of the 21MG Series, a four-year project wherein David Tagg and myself alternately produce an EP of ambient music each month of the year. David designs, cuts and assembles the plastic boxes by hand, and this set is only available for a limited amount of time. Additionally, the previous three years' box sets (A-G, H-M and N-S, respectively) have also been temporarily reissued for this occasion. Each box set is $95 individually, or you can obtain all four sets at once for a discounted price. Anyone who enjoys my ambient output as Milieu or Brian Grainger would like the music contained in these sets, and of course if you're a David Tagg fan then the same goes for you too.

LISTEN TO THE ENTIRE FOUR YEAR SERIES:

http://21mg.bandcamp.com/

PURCHASE A BOX:

http://blackbox-util...ategory&path=66

pill_series_micro-500x500.jpg

Wow! This is really impressive stuff. Listening to "Slow Wave Sleep" and enjoying it so far. If I had tons of money, I would be all over this. (sry)

I'm curious, I know you didn't make the boxes, but do you know specifically how David made them? They look super professional.

Wow! This is really impressive stuff. Listening to "Slow Wave Sleep" and enjoying it so far. If I had tons of money, I would be all over this. (sry)

I'm curious, I know you didn't make the boxes, but do you know specifically how David made them? They look super professional.

No worries, we're aware of the high price on these and we understand budgets. At the very least, everyone can listen to the entire set on Bandcamp.

As for the boxes - they are indeed super professional. Many people don't know that David actually runs Tagg Graphics in the Long Island, NY area. Tagg Graphics is a very large graphic design and installation company that allows David to have access to non-consumer-grade plastics, textiles and other materials, along with the massive machines that he uses to design and manufacture them on.

Beyond that, I don't know the absolute specifics other than...he designed the boxes from the ground up, used a router to cut the logos in, used some massive machine to cut all the pieces of plastic, and hand assembled each one.

Really glad you're into it! We have put a lot of time, thought and energy into making this project a reality. Setting out to make four years of music and giant box sets is easy to talk about, but pretty difficult to actually follow through on!

Interesting!

As someone who is really into making/buying in handmade releases, I definitely understand the importance physical aspect of it. As I was really enjoying it on bandcamp, and have a hard time streaming releases, especially as my main listening area does not have internet, I was wondering if it would be possible for there to be a way to buy it digitally at some point as well? I probably will never be able to afford a $350 release, and I would really like to have this.

Interesting!

As someone who is really into making/buying in handmade releases, I definitely understand the importance physical aspect of it. As I was really enjoying it on bandcamp, and have a hard time streaming releases, especially as my main listening area does not have internet, I was wondering if it would be possible for there to be a way to buy it digitally at some point as well? I probably will never be able to afford a $350 release, and I would really like to have this.

Yes indeed, just as soon as the boxes are sold out - which, at this rate, probably won't be too much longer.

Archived