IGNORED

Dean Blunt & Inga Copeland - Black Is Beautiful

Redruth

Also of note is Dean Blunt's The Narcissist CDr, which was recently released.

wtf is that and where do i get it

*clicks link*

i don't know, i was just browsing their discogs page and saw it. guess it was a tour release?

edit: it was apparently sold on (what i'm guessing is) their little secret store: http://dialplus49157...-the-narcissist

they once had a DVD of an episode of some children's cartoon that they re-scored, and an album full of phone calls from dean blunt to david guetta, but i kind of feel like that one was bullshit.

the fuck these guys need to step it up... spend more than 2 months on something, make it good

i don't know man, i see what you mean, but i think that's one of the things i really like about them—everything feels very spontaneous

• 4 weeks later...

Fuck, I really hope I can get tickets to their NYC show for the Unsound festival before that shit sells out.

Do you know when these go on sale? I'm very interested in this as well.

Fuck, I really hope I can get tickets to their NYC show for the Unsound festival before that shit sells out.

Do you know when these go on sale? I'm very interested in this as well.

no clue, i keep facebook messaging the unsound festival page every week lol

• 2 weeks later...

lol your comment was actually really good: "can u plz change the album so its about the fat aceptance movment insted??? id like that"

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Alfred E. Neuman

I think it's OK. I'm starting to hear some new sounds in their work. The first half of the record is for sure more captivating than the back half. I suppose I like it when they try and be more "pop"--by that I mean more lyrical. I just wonder how long they go on getting away with their formula before lables like Hyperdub consider it redundant.

This for me is still one of the coolest things they've done so far:

[youtubehd]3eC14ZJ7KVU&[/youtubehd]

Guest Alfred E. Neuman

Listened a little more. Still pretty disappointed... Thought they would come up with something a little more substantial for a Hyperdub release... The best track on the record is a cover. Good cover though!

[youtubehd]ONIJXHvoynw[/youtubehd]

This for me is still one of the coolest things they've done so far:

[youtubehd]3eC14ZJ7KVU&[/youtubehd]

relenting from listening to the new album before it comes out, but i agree—a lot of the droopy sample-based music they've had (including some of the stuff on narcissist) is some of my fave recent material of theirs.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived