IGNORED

Quentin Tarantino - Django Unchained

Redruth

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cast looks interesting. Although the amount of women approaches zero.....

A QT movie without any women? I didn't think that could be possible..

Credited cast:
 Leonardo DiCaprio
 Joseph Gordon-Levitt
 Sacha Baron Cohen
 Samuel L. Jackson
 Kurt Russell
 Christoph Waltz
 Jamie Foxx
 Walton Goggins
 Kerry Washington
 James Remar
 RZA
 Don Johnson
 Gerald McRaney
 Anthony LaPaglia
 James Russo

Apart from Kerry. Hope she makes up for all the other sausages.

Is it true actors don't get paid when woking with tarantino? They accept it as a priveledge?

From what I know only Harvey Keitel acted without being paid in Reservoir Dogs 'coz he found the plot great but then...

I might be wrong tho.

color me excited

I lost faith in him after Death Proof ...

I regained faith in him after Inglorious Bastards.

Curious to see what this one will bring.

i feel exactly the same

sounds interesting! and i like these peoples:

Sacha Baron Cohen

Samuel L. Jackson

Kurt Russell

Don Johnson

i feel exactly the same

i feel the other way round. :)

i feel exactly the same

Second half of Death Proof.

First half of Inglorious Basterds.

IB is better overall, but seriously, that opening scene on the French farm. I was getting goosebumps in the cinema. It was one of the best scenes I think I've ever seen.*

And then the face-off in the underground bar. Fassbender is perfect there.

Death Proof felt like he was trying too hard to fit the genre and neglecting the audience.

*It's the warmth from outside the lodge, how bright and orange it looks in the field. And then the incredible detail and focus on the actors faces and the dust floating in the air. The sound of the pipes burning. The dialogue zips, the comedic elements are subtle and the tension is brooding. Perfect.

i feel exactly the same

IB is better overall, but seriously, that opening scene on the French farm. I was getting goosebumps in the cinema. It was one of the best scenes I think I've ever seen.*

Death Proof felt like he was trying too hard to fit the genre and neglecting the audience.

*It's the warmth from outside the lodge, how bright and orange it looks in the field. And then the incredible detail and focus on the actors faces and the dust floating in the air. The sound of the pipes burning. The dialogue zips, the comedic elements are subtle and the tension is brooding. Perfect.

I agree with this but only up to a point - the flip side of tarrantino is that he can take (and quite often does) a 10 minute scene and drag it out needlessly for 20 minutes. He could've trimmed out 45 minutes or so of Jackie Brown and the movie would only have been better for it.

i thought death proof was one of the worst movies i have ever seen

I thought it was the point of the movie !

i don't know if it was the point but it was pretty bad which is kinda why i liked it? i don't know. but i just liked it.

Inglorious i found too long... i turned off the DVD half way through and went to bed cos i was tired and couldn't be bothered to watch the rest. for realz.

i feel exactly the same

I agree with this but only up to a point - the flip side of tarrantino is that he can take (and quite often does) a 10 minute scene and drag it out needlessly for 20 minutes. He could've trimmed out 45 minutes or so of Jackie Brown and the movie would only have been better for it.

yeah. this!

the flip side of tarrantino is that he can take (and quite often does) a 10 minute scene and drag it out needlessly for 20 minutes. He could've trimmed out 45 minutes or so of Jackie Brown and the movie would only have been better for it.

trimming 45 minutes from jackie brown? savage. impossible.

i absolutely loved death proof and ib... in fact, i really like everything by tarantino.. so whatever, i'll probably love this too. death proof was so much better than the overrated schlock that is planet terror.

yes, and the car chase scene is fucking bad ass! Much filming skill is shown there and if that is camp then I am not sure what to think of Troll 2. I think the word would be CRAP. Death Proof is one of the worst films you have ever seen??????? HAHA! Death Proof is Blade Runner compared to Night of the Comet, Troll 2 and Leprechaun in the Hood and a million more campy films that I could name.

yes, and the car chase scene is fucking bad ass! Much filming skill is shown there and if that is camp then I am not sure what to think of Troll 2. I think the word would be CRAP. Death Proof is one of the worst films you have ever seen??????? HAHA! Death Proof is Blade Runner compared to Night of the Comet, Troll 2 and Leprechaun in the Hood and a million more campy films that I could name.

i haven't seen troll aside from sirch's posting in gen ban.

or troll 2 aside from sirch's posting in the boc sub forum.

and one scene does not a movie make for me. yes the car scene was cool, but the movie was shit and dialogue was shit.

IMO

i didn't like death proof but i think i understood it, i mean i have no problems with tarantino making a film like that. just wasn't.

inglorious basterds was really good, mostly thanks to the bar scene. the rest of the movie was somewhat hit and miss. brad pitt doesn't fit into a tarantino flick.

this one sounds like it will be quite smashing, revenge films tend to be good and i think the mississippi setting will be fun.

Archived