IGNORED

Quentin Tarantino - Django Unchained

Redruth

yes, and the car chase scene is fucking bad ass! Much filming skill is shown there and if that is camp then I am not sure what to think of Troll 2. I think the word would be CRAP. Death Proof is one of the worst films you have ever seen??????? HAHA! Death Proof is Blade Runner compared to Night of the Comet, Troll 2 and Leprechaun in the Hood and a million more campy films that I could name.

i haven't seen troll aside from sirch's posting in gen ban.

or troll 2 aside from sirch's posting in the boc sub forum.

busey_clappingz.gif

yes the car scene was cool, but the movie was shit and dialogue was shit.

you're shit. in the face.

brad pitt doesn't fit into a tarantino flick.

agreed. Brad Pitt. wtf.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know, his presence or performance didn't bother me.

I'm more worried about Jamie Foxx, but I mostly know him from stupid comedy things. I haven't seen Ray, but I heard he did a great job there.

I don't know, his presence or performance didn't bother me.

I'm more worried about Jamie Foxx, but I mostly know him from stupid comedy things. I haven't seen Ray, but I heard he did a great job there.

brad did the part right. i just don't know. maybe cuz he hasn't acted in a tarantino film before (apart from true romance, if that even counts).

jamie really did a great job in ray, i think he was perfect in horrible bosses, pretty sure he could pull that sort of thing off well under tarantino's directing.

leo on the other hand will probably be really weird. he does dialogue well though and that's usually more than half the point of tarantino's films.

inglorious basterds was really good, mostly thanks to the bar scene. the rest of the movie was somewhat hit and miss. brad pitt doesn't fit into a tarantino flick.

Although not directly a Tarantino flick (he only wrote it): in True Romance, mister Pitt did really well. Pitt wasn't the problem with IB, IMO. The story was just lame. Almost the only thing saving IB were the scenes with Christopher Waltz. QT movies come alive through the dialogues. Whenever he tries to build scenes around not so smart characters (eg. the Pitt character), the scenes suffer. The purely De Niro driven scenes from Jackie Brown suffer from the same problem, imo.

edit.: oops typing too slow on the TR thingy

I'm curious about this as well, I love earlier Tarantino (Kill Bill and earlier). I haven't seen Death Proof, but Inglorious Basterds was kinda hit/miss, some scenes were great, some not so much. The begining is epic, great dialouge and storytelling, the bar scene was also one of the better... some of the other scenes were just kinda meh, and idk there was just something about them that seemed like it was trying too hard, or like almost a parody of his own style. This one could be good, I'll have to see it a little further into development. Some of the casting seems odd

id love to see another adaption like Jackie Brown, i dont trust a movie about slaves getting revenge solely in the hands of tarantino. EVen though I'm not a huge fan of Pulp Fiction i feel like it's stronger than his solo works since he collaborated with somebody on the story

Guest Backson

I'm super stoked for this. I'm kind of a tragic for QT, never seen a film I haven't liked by him.

Really interested to see what he'll do with some of these actors (I've got a weird feeling DiCaprio is going to pull a really good performance despite seeming so out of place).

And, of course the motherfucking RZArector is in it.

rzarector1.jpg

agreed. Brad Pitt. wtf.

I wasn't feeling it (nor the cameo by Mike Myers either), until the faux-Italian dialogue. That accent is genius.

Also, totally gonna read the script.

id love to see another adaption like Jackie Brown

The prequel to Quentin Tarantino's "Jackie Brown" is moving forward and has now cast its two main leads, John Hawkes (Winter's Bone, Contagion) and Mos Def (16 Blocks, Be Kind Rewind) who will play younger versions of Robert De Niro and Samuel L Jackson.

The story is based on Elmore Leonard's "The Switch" book and is set 15 years before the events in "Jackie Brown." It follows career criminals Ordell and Louis as they team up to kidnap Mickey Dawson, the wife of a corrupt Detroit real estate developer. When the husband refuses to pay the ransom for his wife's return, the ex-cons are forced to reconceive their plan, and the angry housewife uses the duo to get her revenge.

The new movie will be directed by Dan Schechter.

Read more:

http://worstpreviews...0#ixzz1lEwnEO8w

I usually think of DiCaprio as starring in really great films despite being kind of a rigid actor. Hopefully he'll get real weird in this one, being in a QT flick and all.

i re-watched pulp fiction a few nights back and that is a fucking seriously good film. none of his other films have come close to blowing me away like that. interested to see what hes upto next.

i never understood why in kill bill tarantino gave o-ren a ton of exposition and a whole animated sequence about how she's this badass assassin and she has a fucking army but with bill's little brother and daryl hannah he didn't bother with that. on top of that, vivica fox gets like ten minutes of screentime. lol seriously? they should've called the first one "kill o-ren" and the second one "claw out of a coffin and punch caine after too much dialogue."

tarantino's movies are too unfocused & not in a good way. he has some great ideas, but stitches them together awkwardly. also, i hate it when he puts himself in his films. he always gives himself some part where he's shit talking and acting all impressive but he doesn't know how to act so it comes off as stiff and weird.

i re-watched pulp fiction a few nights back and that is a fucking seriously good film. none of his other films have come close to blowing me away like that. interested to see what hes upto next.

check what i wrote above, it was besides JAckie Brown the only movie he's done that was a writing collaboration with someone else. Jackie brown was an adaptation of a book but those are the only movies i know of where he didn't write them entirely himself. Which is probably why they stand above the others and seem slightly less immature

I agree with you Messiaen, Pulp Fiction is in fact, a masterpiece. I would argue it's one of the best American films ever, probably in top 5. Amazing to think it was both wildly successful on release, and still stands the test of time. It's like, if someone were to ask me "what's America all about?", I'd probably hand them a cheeseburger, and copies of Pulp Fiction, There Will Be Blood, and Breaking Bad :emotawesomepm9:

Guest Backson

I usually think of DiCaprio as starring in really great films despite being kind of a rigid actor. Hopefully he'll get real weird in this one, being in a QT flick and all.

yeah, i've got a feeling he is going to be very left-of-centre in this role. sadistic even.

Kurt instead of Costner should be interesting.

yeah, I've had a soft spot for Kurt after Deathproof.

And, of course the motherfucking RZArector is in it.

rzarector1.jpg

oh man, he has to be the worst actor out of the entire Wutang ensemble. Good choice QT

lol, can't wait for thick New Yorkian accent from the deep south. But still, the dude is a Gravedigga...

Archived