IGNORED

Quentin Tarantino - Django Unchained

Redruth

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think about most of Tarantino films, then in your mind attempt to create a minute or two compilation of it which markets the movie's plot, characters (main actors), and doesn't give away anything about what happens. I think QT trailers should just be the first 2 minutes of his films. With a quick shot of each of the main actors or something. But traditional hollywood trailers do not mesh with QT productions generally.

Haters gonna hate.

I admit, QT's last few films don't hold up after multiple viewings in the same way Res Dogs, Pulp Fic, & Jackie B do. Having said that, I always get excited for a new QT flick and it usually delivers on the first viewing, which is more than I can say for just about any other big filmmaker out there.

The dude is good at making entertaining films.

I thought death proof was awesome, ftr.

After watching that trailer, I realize I'm sick of his soundtracks. All his movies have the same goddamn soundtrack.

Agreed.

HOWEVER. I think it looks triff and brill like a bbq grill. I love Christoph Waltz since Basterds so I really look forward to seeing his performance. Plus I love his accent.

Guest Ricky Downtown

this should be excellent. tarantino is a top notch director and always delivers. it's true inglorious basterds got old after repeated viewings, but that is because the buildup to the ending is what made that film. i can honestly say seeing IB in theaters was the best movie-going experience I've ever had in my life.

tarantino has said that his alltime favorite movie is The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. He is also a confirmed spaghetti western fanatic:

http://www.spaghetti...ghetti_Westerns

so i'm expecting to see a great western which pays tribute to the well-known and the cult classics.

you can't judge a book by it's cover, can't judge a film by it's trailer! remember that tarantino did not create this trailer, some guy from the production company did.

edit: also, the casting in this film is fucking insane. very pumped to see Dicaprio and Tarantino working together.

The unfortunate thing is that it's hard to effectively insult somebody's anus without implying you're thoroughly familiar with it.

I'm sure I'm going to love the next QT. The trailer looked gawdawful (the editing seemed like it was done by a twelve year old), but all the ingredients for a good QT were present. My money is on "QT in a good form!".

The trailer looks pretty meh, but I thought the same thing about the Inglourious Basterds trailer, which made it look like a Wayans brothers film.

So I'm going to have to agree that you can't really make a traditional hollywood style trailer for a Tarantino film.

Well why does he have trailers like that then? I'm pretty sure that he'd be in control of his own marketing, and has a hand in putting together the trailer packages. But who knows, maybe by that stage he's wasted on some island, boning amazons and writing his next script.

He could do like Ridley did with Prometheus and build some new content for the net to push virally in place of a trailer. Take it a step further and pop that shit in the cinemas.

Well why does he have trailers like that then? I'm pretty sure that he'd be in control of his own marketing, and has a hand in putting together the trailer packages. But who knows, maybe by that stage he's wasted on some island, boning amazons and writing his next script.

He could do like Ridley did with Prometheus and build some new content for the net to push virally in place of a trailer. Take it a step further and pop that shit in the cinemas.

Why?

Haters gonna hate.

I admit, QT's last few films don't hold up after multiple viewings in the same way Res Dogs, Pulp Fic, & Jackie B do. Having said that, I always get excited for a new QT flick and it usually delivers on the first viewing, which is more than I can say for just about any other big filmmaker out there.

Death Proof is probably the only movie I can think of in which I fucking abhorred it until the end, the end which was so fucking awesome it completely redeemed all the unbearable shit before it.

this should be excellent. tarantino is a top notch director and always delivers. it's true inglorious basterds got old after repeated viewings, but that is because the buildup to the ending is what made that film. i can honestly say seeing IB in theaters was the best movie-going experience I've ever had in my life.

tarantino has said that his alltime favorite movie is The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. He is also a confirmed spaghetti western fanatic:

http://www.spaghetti...ghetti_Westerns

so i'm expecting to see a great western which pays tribute to the well-known and the cult classics.

you can't judge a book by it's cover, can't judge a film by it's trailer! remember that tarantino did not create this trailer, some guy from the production company did.

edit: also, the casting in this film is fucking insane. very pumped to see Dicaprio and Tarantino working together.

can someone explain to me why Basterds was such a letdown? Because honestly I think that is by far his best work yet. The pub scene and the cottage interrogation alone are some of my fave moments in modern movie history.

Haters gonna hate.

Death Proof is probably the only movie I can think of in which I fucking abhorred it until the end, the end which was so fucking awesome it completely redeemed all the unbearable shit before it.

yeah, it actually went somewhere? I found it so horrible that i would have rather have been watching daytime soap. At least i wouldn't have had to put up with such tedious nothing dialogue. I prob, only made it 20 or so mins in.

yeah the first half is a COMPLETE waste of time and has almost no bearing on the story at all.

edit: Death Proof, not Basterds

Archived