IGNORED

I want to quit the band I'm in.

J3FF3R00

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Play in 7/4 the entire time.

good one

Someone else said it, but take it from my experience (whatever it means) that kind of 'band' is just going to waste your time.

I have a few exemple, when it was not me it was bands I was recording (the worst memories lol)

It's always the same, you choose to be the leader or a follower. There's maybe 1 band out of 1000 that can pull off a good act, speaking from an sound engineer point of view.

So, in short, go ahead don't waste time! :)

1. In the middle of the concert, don red horns and a pitchfork and set the stage on fire.

2. Poke band members and audience with pitchfork.

3. Become master of the underworld.

Not that there's anything wrong with tripping, but there's a time and place for that. A working band is a business agreement imo. And not being able to function well enough to create/practice/perform/entertain is too risky. I've never minded alcohol and drugs in a band environment as long as the user knows how far to go with it, while still being able to play.

Showing up to a practice with intent to just jam for fun is a 'cat damn waste of band time. You can go to jam sessions to do that shit. You show up to band practice you expect to do things relevant to the band. Dunno about you but my time is pretty valuable and I have a number of different obligations. If I were to show up to a band practice and they have no plan about what to do. And just want to wank on their instruments? Fuck that. I'll head right back home and practice the songs on my own and get more done than them. Are you trying to come up with new material? That's about the only way I can see jams being productive.

Straight up tell them why you want to leave in the most honest way possible. They might be mad at you but at least you were honest. Try not to burn bridges though. Staying connected socially with musicians is important for looking for bands to play with. Possibly reccomend another drummer for them or something if you know any. Ones that wouldn't mind being the "conductors" bitch.

• 3 months later...

OK, so I'm still in the band.

Things got better for a spell, but now they are back to the shit style.

This guy is a micro-manager and keeps taking the fun out of everything.

All of my opinions apparently aren't as good as his.

Airing my dirty laundry. Thanks WATMM.

I could give you a full report, but I have a ton of work to do.

Guest couch

I know that feel bro. KEYMi.jpg

Guest Rambo

You are going to have to kill yourself i'm afraid, Jefferoo. I used to think this wasn't a one size fits all solution back in the day but it really is. There is literally no comeback short of reanimating you somehow and the science simply isn't there yet.

I know that feel bro. KEYMi.jpg

That feels really good, actually. Thanks :cry:

jefferoo, you and I should start a band

like, just drums and guitar, lightning bolt stylee. Except with a regular guitar, not a bass guitar.

did I mention how much I suck? It'll be awesome.

Guest Rambo

In all seriousness, the best way to leave a band is to consistently give away the endings of movies until it simply becomes untolerable. That'll be a one-two punch to the bread basket as they say and then finish them off with an uppercut by killing yourself.

That'll be a one-two punch to the bread basket as they say and then finish them off with an uppercut by killing yourself.

Sick.

attach yourself with a cord & holster to a crane and as you're playing slowly be lifted from your seat and away from them without explanation.

Im still reading through this thread but Luke I solidly LOLed in real life for about 3 minutes when I read this. Fucking well done.

oh my god how did i miss this suggestion before

attach yourself with a cord & holster to a crane and as you're playing slowly be lifted from your seat and away from them without explanation.

Im still reading through this thread but Luke I solidly LOLed in real life for about 3 minutes when I read this. Fucking well done.

oh my god how did i miss this suggestion before

Guest Rambo

That'll be a one-two punch to the bread basket as they say and then finish them off with an uppercut by killing yourself.

Sick.

im talking metaphorically

I don't think good music can come off such an unhealthy environnement. Also, wait for some "big guy" to show up at your show, then do a huge improvised solo without anyones consent, and then leave in style. You might get his attention - or not. Anyway it's worth the try.

Sick.

im talking metaphorically

I double ententred all over my trousers

I did it. I quit.

I kept it classy. I basically told them I was nearing panic attacks, which is mostly true.

pfew

That shit was stressful.

It was kinda like breaking up with 4 people in one day. It was actually exactly like that.

It was sad to leave the singer. She is amazing. I'll probably never be with a singer that good again.

The bass player was a cool guy too.

Oh well.

Life goes on I guess.

Archived