IGNORED

All albums best to worst

Dragon

lol, I can't tell if that was an overview of Autechre's discography or psychedelic drugs...

come on, just thought it wouldn't hurt to mix the chart with some notes

i mean notes about what had an influence on this chart being what it is.

Group 1

Untitled

Confield

Group 2

Amber

Chiastic Slide

Group 3

Quaristice

Draft 7:30

Exai (veeeeery premature, just feel its nestled in this group)

Group 4

Tri Repetae

Oversteps

Group 5

LP5

(Still dont own Incunabula, but love the track Kalpol Intro)

Edited by Roo

---The True Golden Era---

1. Draft 7.30

1. Untilted

1. Confield

---The True Golden Era---

2. Quaristice

2. Chiastic Slide

2. LP5

2. EP7

2. Oversteps

3. Tri Repetae

4. Amber

5. Incunabula

???Exai???

Guest SiddharthaWolf

Objectiveness is impossible, so i'll just list my personal chart:

Chiastic Slide is definetly my favorite. Back in the days had to listen to it on many psychedelic stuff (fully bloomed for me on shrooms) to completely fall in love with it. Different from other "complex" albums by that i can "get it" on clean head nowadays. Nice personal legacy from my chemical past.

Confield is near, but stings absolutely different emotions - not quite interested in those at the time, so i'm listening to it quite rarely. Still very much respect it and sometimes can get it on clean head (but again, only becauce i once got it being ultra-dosage-high)

Amber is my everyday Autechre. When i don't know what ae to listen, i choose Amber. Loved it before any chemical experiences. Yet i hate Silverside and Teartear, and can't say i very much love Nil and Further also.

Incunabula - pure nostalgia, like watching childhood pictures or something. Listening to it very rarely and only the two tracks - Bike and 444. Like Amber, loved it before any shroomlsds. Music made by young souls that like to dream.

Tri Repetae - Love it very much, but mostly because of awesome memories of Clipper on acid and C/Pach on weed. Not Listening to it often, but when i do manage to tune my mind for it to click, it makes me happy.

Untilted and Quaristice - awesome, but not on the clean head for me. Don't quite listen to them that often now, especially Untilted. They were absolutely great on acid though :)

Draft 7.30, LP5, EP7 are great, but historically pretty much skipped by me, don't know why.

Oversteps and Move of Ten is on the bottom for me. Long story. Just don't like 'em. r ess is a beautiful opener and see on see is a nice mimimi-awww-track about infant dolphins playing around. Probably you have to listen to these albums on some mix of ketamine and lsd while floating in the isolation tank, i guess.

Not quite interested nowadays in the art that can only be fully understood on drugs. That can also be said about Exai. It's just that i want music i can comfortably listen to on clean head.

I dig this review and - despite my lack of drug use when listening to Autechre - have an almost identical taste in their music to you (except with more priority given to LP5 and Oversteps for me, both of which are outstanding with a couple of blips).

Absolutely love:

Oversteps

LP5

Chiastic Slide

Tri Rep

Confield

---------------

Love less, but still good:

Draft 7.30

Incunabula

Amber

-------------

Just like a little:

Untilted

Quaristice

Edited by Sprigg

Draft 7.30

Confield

Untilted

Quaristice [(Versions) and Quadrange are included]

Oversteps

Exai [mainly because of the first cd]

LP5

Chiastic Slide

Tri Repetae

Amber

Incunabula

I really don't see logic in most of you guys' lists...

Albums that have only a slightly different style are suddenly places way lower or higher than others, and albums with totally different styles are first and second place, it really doesn't make sense.

Albums that have only a slightly different style are suddenly places way lower or higher than others, and albums with totally different styles are first and second place, it really doesn't make sense.

One could say the same about your choices too though. Despite being close in time period, Chiastic Slide and LP5 sound as different from each other as anything in their discography at that point. While I love them both, they are very different albums.

And while Confield and Draft are both from around the same time period and are Ae at their most abstract, Confield is one of my most loved albums, whereas Draft continues to be a chore to listen to for me. Untilted, Quaristice, and Oversteps all sound extremely different from each other despite being sequential albums.

What you may see as similar albums might be worlds apart for some people. And just because two albums share a commonality, does not make them both great or both bad. There are many more factors at play here.

One could say the same about your choices too though. Despite being close in time period, Chiastic Slide and LP5 sound as different from each other as anything in their discography at that point. While I love them both, they are very different albums.

And while Confield and Draft are both from around the same time period and are Ae at their most abstract, Confield is one of my most loved albums, whereas Draft continues to be a chore to listen to for me. Untilted, Quaristice, and Oversteps all sound extremely different from each other despite being sequential albums.

What you may see as similar albums might be worlds apart for some people. And just because two albums share a commonality, does not make them both great or both bad. There are many more factors at play here.

Absolutely on board with this response.

You (3849) say you are surprised when people place albums which are similar in style so far apart on a list. A good example may be quaristice, which one could argue comes from a similar space as some other albums. But i think many people feel that the songs are all so short they dont develope and take you anywhere, so it's placement may be based on that.

Also it's true that people may place albums which are stylistically very different and put them in the same level of greatness. But there can be more than one reason to like an album. The things I like about lp5 are very different from the things I like about confield, but I place them very close because I like them both almost equally, but for very very different reasons

Edited by fizzkinz

Shitty assignment, but I'll give it a go since I'm such a incurable fan, and even though it could change over time, and no one else gives a damn about it...

1st: Chiastic Slide, Amber, Incunabula, Garbage

2nd: EP7, Draft 7.30, Confield, Untilted

3rd: Quaristice, Tri Repetae, Oversteps, LP5

Move of Ten is still a foreigner to me, and I abstain Exai until further notice.

Listing these in order is not something I think about a lot but if I were to do this, I think Untilted, Oversteps, LP5, Chiastic Slide would be near the top.

Middle would be Exai, Quaristice, Draft, and Confield

Bottom would be the rest

1. exai
  2. confield
  3. chiastic slide
  4. oversteps
  5. ep7
  6. amber
  7. untilted
  8. draft 7.30
  9. lp5
  10. tri
  11. quaristice
  12. incunabula

best tracks: Gantz Graf (really, when i saw/heard the clip.....MAN!!!), Lentic Catchresis, spl9, sublimit (the end is just, well, proper fap-material)

Quaristice is awesome, i like it more then draft or confield

good for you...

for me, quar is the least interesting. it is not a bad album, but compared to the rest.....well... :cerious:

Quaristice is awesome, i like it more then draft or confield

good for you...

for me, quar is the least interesting. it is not a bad album, but compared to the rest.....well... :cerious:

but meng, it's like 20 totally different tracks, you should give it another try (met hollandse truffels :crazy: )