IGNORED

All albums best to worst

Dragon

I don't understand the dislike for Incunabula. Seems to be on everybody's bottom of the list.

Is just because Sean or Rob said it was cheesy one time?

Cheesy or not, I love that album.

And maybe it's a bit premature to put Exai on a 5th place. But I can honestly say, I enjoy it way more than anything they've done in the last 5 years.

Edited by Ceerial

Guest Rulohead32

1. Oversteps

2. Incunabula

3. Exai

4. Quaristice

5. LP5

6. Tri Repetae

7. Amber

8. Draft 7.30

9. Untilted

10. Confield

11. Chiastic Slide

EPs:

1. Move of Ten

2. EP7

3. Cichlisuite

I don't understand the dislike for Incunabula. Seems to be on everybody's bottom of the list.

I just find it lackluster. I've tried to get into their first three, and try and love them but it just doesn't click for me. I guess it's a shame, since they're regarded as golden albums.

Cheesy or not, I love that album.

And maybe it's a bit premature to put Exai on a 5th place. But I can honestly say, I enjoy it way more than anything they've done in the last 5 years.

Incunabula is the only æ album that sounds dated to me. It's not bad music in any way, but it really just stands out like a sore thumb from the rest of their albums.

1 Untilted

2 Confield

3 LP5

4 Chiastic Slide

5 Draft 7.30

6 Quaristice

7 Tri Repetae

8 Amber

9 Exai

10 Incunabula

11 Oversteps

1 EP7

2 Garbage

3 Envane

4 Cichlisuite

5 Anvil Vapre

6 Peel Session 2

7 Peel Session

8 Gantz Graf

9 Anti EP

10 Quadrange

11 Move of Ten

Guest Seginustemple

Oversteps

Draft 7.30

Exai

-----

LP5

Chiastic Slide

Confield

-----

Quaristice

Untilted

-----

Incunabula

Tri Repetae

Amber

Guest Roksen Creek

what's with people making lists?

what's with people?
what ?
?

Edit: I hate eyemdr

Edited by Roksen Creek

Very tough to rank, and was surprised that Exai made it so high in my list right away. Maybe after the initial lushness dies down it will drop lower, but I'm loving it to bits right now. Chiastic Slide, now and forever the champ.

1 Chiastic Slide
2 Exai
3 LP5
4 Confield
5 Oversteps
6 Amber
7 Quaristice
8 Untilted
9 Tri Repetae
10 Incunabula
11 Draft 7.30
1 Envane
2 EP7
3 Cichlisuite
4 Anvil Vapre
5 Move of Ten
6 Peel Session 2
7 Peel Session
8 Garbage
9 Anti EP
10 Quadrange
11 Gantz Graf

I'm surprised at how little love Incunabula gets. It makes sense in a way since Autechre have a very distinct method of progression from album to album so I can see where they might decide to leave their early work in the dust. That said, they do have a gift for melody that they do a very good job of subverting so I'm glad that they embraced it on at least a few albums.

Guest Rulohead32

I'm surprised at how little love Incunabula gets. It makes sense in a way since Autechre have a very distinct method of progression from album to album so I can see where they might decide to leave their early work in the dust. That said, they do have a gift for melody that they do a very good job of subverting so I'm glad that they embraced it on at least a few albums.

Incunabula is a great album. Lowride is a great song.

Objectiveness is impossible, so i'll just list my personal chart:

Chiastic Slide is definetly my favorite. Back in the days had to listen to it on many psychedelic stuff (fully bloomed for me on shrooms) to completely fall in love with it. Different from other "complex" albums by that i can "get it" on clean head nowadays. Nice personal legacy from my chemical past.

Confield is near, but stings absolutely different emotions - not quite interested in those at the time, so i'm listening to it quite rarely. Still very much respect it and sometimes can get it on clean head (but again, only becauce i once got it being ultra-dosage-high)

Amber is my everyday Autechre. When i don't know what ae to listen, i choose Amber. Loved it before any chemical experiences. Yet i hate Silverside and Teartear, and can't say i very much love Nil and Further also.

Incunabula - pure nostalgia, like watching childhood pictures or something. Listening to it very rarely and only the two tracks - Bike and 444. Like Amber, loved it before any shroomlsds. Music made by young souls that like to dream.

Tri Repetae - Love it very much, but mostly because of awesome memories of Clipper on acid and C/Pach on weed. Not Listening to it often, but when i do manage to tune my mind for it to click, it makes me happy.

Untilted and Quaristice - awesome, but not on the clean head for me. Don't quite listen to them that often now, especially Untilted. They were absolutely great on acid though :)

Draft 7.30, LP5, EP7 are great, but historically pretty much skipped by me, don't know why.

Oversteps and Move of Ten is on the bottom for me. Long story. Just don't like 'em. r ess is a beautiful opener and see on see is a nice mimimi-awww-track about infant dolphins playing around. Probably you have to listen to these albums on some mix of ketamine and lsd while floating in the isolation tank, i guess.

Not quite interested nowadays in the art that can only be fully understood on drugs. That can also be said about Exai. It's just that i want music i can comfortably listen to on clean head.