IGNORED

Geogaddi is 10 (almost)

Guest sirch

Wow, has it really been 10 years?

so much has changed, and yet so little as well..

really we should all be living on the Moon by now in Moon towns and villages.

Discuss ...

boardsOfCanada.gifallcdcovers_boards_of_canada_geogaddi_2002_retail_cd-front.jpg

Oh, the joy of the typo (nice lol from beerwolf, I was going to mention Trunk records myself).

But fuck yeah, how time has flown. I seem to remember picking up the hard cover version from the dear-departed Selectadisc Nottingham after returning from a visit to mates in Mossley.

Oh, the joy of the typo (nice lol from beerwolf, I was going to mention Trunk records myself).

But fuck yeah, how time has flown. I seem to remember picking up the hard cover version from the dear-departed Selectadisc Nottingham after returning from a visit to mates in Mossley.

yep. bought the same thing. :)

kicking myself that i never got the vinyl, though. not sure why i didn't !! ?

but probably because some mates had it, so we already had it to listen to on the olde wheels of steel, i dunno..

wish i'd've bought 3 copies now, tho!

I didn't realise there was one (beerwolf's 2nd post, that is), but one of his threads also vanished just now. Did he go back in time and hill his ancestors?

I didn't buy the vinyl til a few years later (2005?), then I was lucky enough to get it for around £20 or less from the same Selectadisc. Pretty jammy, I suppose.

Edited by Caretstik

watmm is in the wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geogaddi

The track "Gyroscope" contains samples of a numbers station sampled by Sean Booth of Autechre, as confirmed by a representative ofHexagon Sun on the WATMM forum. [1]

Didn't know that.

And further reading bout numbers stations is just crazy. I did not know that.

Edited by ZiggomaticV17

but yes my favourite too by far. took a long while to adjust to it, hated it on first listen to be honest. isn't that always the case with classics? i find anyways.

i wouldn't be surprised if their new work will be a return to this but even more challenging.

theres is no other record out there i'm aware of that sounds like this. Christ, Tycho, early Bibio even have hit on their acoustic/music has the rights vibe but this... nothing touches it.

should have bought the vinyl rather than the "limited edition" cd...FML

Tell me about it. Really narks me off.

Legendary album, one of the greatest. I prefer it too MHTRTC, though by teeny-weeny amounts.

Edited by beerwolf

I just discovered the Japanese bonus track of Geogaddi ("From One Source All Things Depend") and the album only got better !!! It's really marvelous.

Edited by StocKo

next to iabpoitc, this is my fav boc release. I too got the limited edition cd the day it came out. seems like another lifetime ago...

Didn't that came with a kaleidoscope? do people still own those?

I remeber buying one off the twosim forums but the guy never shipped it.

Edited by YO303

is that your wall?

i thought it was the 12th or 13th that it came out...

oh well...

fucking typical.

well, i suppose that's good it's a Saturday this year.

can listen to it on Fri night/Sat morn, on repeat, w/ shrooms, hashish, lite beers and scotch,.. and celebrate. kinda. :smile:

i'm getting confused with something else that came out on the 12th Feb that i read about recently, that is now 15-odd years old.