IGNORED

mhtrtc

acroyear

But yeah I think of Pete Standing Alone as being a very creepy track, way creepier than most of the stuff on Geogaddi (which I, despite its weirdness, associate to lighter feelings than MHTRTC).

same here.

it's hard to actually describe Geogaddi. because it's not even that weird or sinister, really.

i think of it as an Autumnal-sounding sort of record. but then you have tracks like 1969... and other summery vibes.

edit: i suppose it's just some of the samples they've used and all that reversed nonsense that's given it this weird/sinister vibe. people have just read way too much into it, which has given it this mysterious, cult-like power. *something about 'collective consciousness' goes here*.

Not sure about that "secret messages" stuff, but Geogaddi seems to me more experimental and less melodic than MHTRTC.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about that "secret messages" stuff, but Geogaddi seems to me more experimental and less melodic than MHTRTC.

14453224.jpg

Neither of those. That's just MY opinion.

sorry, that was in reference to the "Not sure about that "secret messages" stuff," statement. i was meant to chop off the rest.

14453224.jpg

sorry, that was in reference to the "Not sure about that "secret messages" stuff," statement. i was meant to chop off the rest.

No problem. But, seriously, I've never been really bothered with those "messages" talks/rumors. Music is great, that's all that matters to me.

But yeah I think of Pete Standing Alone as being a very creepy track, way creepier than most of the stuff on Geogaddi (which I, despite its weirdness, associate to lighter feelings than MHTRTC).

same here.

it's hard to actually describe Geogaddi. because it's not even that weird or sinister, really.

i think of it as an Autumnal-sounding sort of record. but then you have tracks like 1969... and other summery vibes.

edit: i suppose it's just some of the samples they've used and all that reversed nonsense that's given it this weird/sinister vibe. people have just read way too much into it, which has given it this mysterious, cult-like power. *something about 'collective consciousness' goes here*.

well some of it is less melodic, but then a lot of it is more melodic, and simple.. as in more minimal.

mhtrtc is more beaty in places, but then it also has some great basslines and melodies and weird shit going on.

i wouldn't say that Geo is more experimental than mhtrtc, though! naaaah way. Geo is much more straight up.

but anyway this is all just a matter of opinion, innit. :) but my opinion is the right one. :emotawesomepm9:

14453224.jpg

No problem. But, seriously, I've never been really bothered with those "messages" talks/rumors. Music is great, that's all that matters to me.

ahh good, you seem to be one of the normal people that listens to it and takes it at face value.

I can get behind that :beer:

14453224.jpg

ahh good, you seem to be one of the normal people that listens to it and takes it at face value.

I can get behind that :beer:

Lol. Not sure about the normal people part, though. I know what their music means to me and that's all that matters to me. Let's just leave it here. :)

Guest Xenblake

mhtrtc is nice and I have fond memories of listening to it quite a bit in the summer of 2000.

Geogaddi wins for me though, it just seems deeper somehow.

That said I have a have a few tracks I always skip; Gyroscope, not because it's bad but because it makes me feel suffocated. Energy Warning, A is to B...., From One Source All Things Depend are just annoying breaks in the sound that do nothing for me at all.

open nine to five. Workshy. Yubi. She's a devoted branch davidian.

I prefer Geogaddi more because it's generally consistent from begening to end. Music is obviously just a buncha tunes compiled together that weren't all created for the same purpose.

geogaddi is dirtier...darker. not as evil and menacing as people make out though....imo

mhtrtc is sunnier overall but has its moments of evil

i don't see how anybody could say that Geogaddi is dirtier and darker than mhtrtc. and that mhtrtc is "sunnier" ! ? wtf. lol

you gotta be trollin, or have your head on back to front.

wait...! you are from 'down under', right?.. where everything is the wrong way round! :emotawesomepm9:

it all makes perfect sense now!!!!!!!!!!

Both albums have an undercurrent of dread. Geogaddi perhaps more obvious.

Mhtrtc is a record I would only play during the day, it hasn't got a night time vibe whereas I'd play Geogaddi anytime, be it dawn, middle-of-the-day or at the Witching hour.

I get the fucking JUICE from this record, and I have been getting it since 1998. Just sit and listen to it. By the time you're halfway through, and Aquarius hits, don't you feel sexy?

This... there's just something about it. Geogaddi had this subdued anger to it and MHTRTC was the weird but cool hippie kid at the party that just got along with everyone. I like Geogaddi too but MHTRTC pumps me up. Probably my favorite summer album ever.

Archived