IGNORED

Argeïphontes Lyre

Okay here we go:

Akira Rabelais has released several albums in the time of glitch and microsound and developed a great freeware software with a truly enigmatic interface. You can get it here:

http://akirarabelais...e/software.html

Scanner and Terre Thaemlitz also used it a lot in their own music. It's hard to describe what you can do with the App but it can create a very uncommon bunch of sound with some simple rules.

Has somebody also worked with the Argeïphontes Lyre software and can tell me what I can use for parameters to get good results?

I have used the software a lot but I would like to share experience with other users too.

Edited by Guest

I love Akira Rabelais, but have never had the chance to use this as I don't use Mac. I think he used it a bit on his newest record, but I can't confirm that. Any how, big ups to Akira Rabelais for doing something different what seems like ages ago.

If you are familiar with his first works you can clearly hear the processed parts made with AL. If you have a friend with a mac try it out. You won't be disappointed.

cheers mate, I ll try it

No problem. Akira told me that there was a very different version of that software before for OS9. Sadly his laptop was stolen while he was away from home and so the software development data was also lost.

While he told me that several years ago (via myspace) he offer also AL in two different versions as well- also one for OS9. Maybe he had luck and found a backup :happy:

i cant find the link to download it on there

click on the first picture 1st line at the left side.

the website is a bit tricky but if you click some pictures you will find more stuff :o)

• 10 years later...

I just released my debut solo album and Argeïphontes Lyre is featured quite heavily in most of the pieces.

In fact it was through AL that I found a completely new way of thinking about and approach to making music, so I really can't overstate how thankful I am for it being such an inspiring piece of software.

I even put it on the cover ?

channels_cover.thumb.jpg.29e91c7e25c9be824959e03fcb560924.jpg

• Like 2