IGNORED

Tomoroh Hidari - Some Stars Not Yet Black Holes

awepittance

8993a7f3c738df27241e24340ed4eb49.4a482b8fe4d1f43ed8f0201e62109951.jpg

58a3bb90968707f432d6cba6a6223c3a.c68b21af2cb65afee007dc0470abd9bf.jpg

artist: Tomoroh Hidari

title: Some Stars Not Yet Black Holes

release date: 3/15/12

format: Full Length 2xLP (12" 145g vinyl)

Flac, Mp3 will come 1 month after the physical release

label: RecordLabelRecords

cat#: RLR27&28

price: $28 taking Order / Stream LP Now

1. Polaris

2. Algol

3. Sirius

4. Regulus

5. Arcturus

6. Aldebaran

7. Pleiades

recent releases & collaborations: Black Star #1 Variations full length, a VS track with artist Subjex on his newest release for Schematic, Drinking the Goat's Blood compilation Cd and a Fluorescent Grey remix

http://soundcloud.com/tomoroh-hidari/some-stars-not-yet-black-holes

full album sampler

Some Stars Not Yet Black Holes is an absolutely brilliant, deeply cerebral and moving effort that will ravish fans of electro-acoustic researches, kosmische synthesized minimalism (70′s Berliners) and absorbing dark ambient realms—an astonishingly profound, sonorous and evocative collection of slowly evolving meditative electronics

Igloo-Magazine

I can sometimes find music like this to be too intellectual or sterile, but I found myself completely embracing the album. Although it can be a difficult and uncomfortable listen at times, it really is such a rewarding album in that you get out what you put in. Highly recommended for people who mightn’t usually listen to abstract music, there is not a moment wasted as Hidari creates such infinite and hauntingly beautiful soundscapes.

- Wyatt Lawton-Masi of Cyclic Defrost

listen to full previews of every track here

post-403-0-54183800-1329125247_thumb.jpg

A very fine release with a lot of styles weaven and sewn together. I really like the parts where he fell into territories of Rene Hell or even a slight idea of Wolfgang Voigt (last pianotrack on soundcloud preview). Some Troum is also inside (the athmospherical synths at the beginning have a great feel of harmonic relations together)

The artwork is nice but I don't like the font for his name. The pixelated graphic is very nice.

well done :happy:

y u no just use white olde english instead of black w/white outline

edit: this is sounding good though.

cool, yeah i don't think there is much if any modern kraut rockish vibes coming out that has a really good sense of what it's influences are. I hear al of of throwback music these days to Tangerine Dream, Cluster but it just feels more of a demo in retro fetishism than genuinely good music that stands on it's own. The cover art is what Oliver wanted, first i was planning to change the font tried some different combinations and ended up going back to what he originally chose.

A very fine release with a lot of styles weaven and sewn together. I really like the parts where he fell into territories of Rene Hell or even a slight idea of Wolfgang Voigt (last pianotrack on soundcloud preview). Some Troum is also inside (the athmospherical synths at the beginning have a great feel of harmonic relations together)

The artwork is nice but I don't like the font for his name. The pixelated graphic is very nice.

thanks Thorsten, ill get you a copy when it comes out. I think youll also dig the upcoming Nommo Ogo 2xlp

y u no just use white olde english instead of black w/white outline

edit: this is sounding good though.

cool, yeah i don't think there is much if any modern kraut rockish vibes coming out that has a really good sense of what it's influences are. I hear al of of throwback music these days to Tangerine Dream, Cluster but it just feels more of a demo in retro fetishism than genuinely good music that stands on it's own. The cover art is what Oliver wanted, first i was planning to change the font tried some different combinations and ended up going back to what he originally chose.

thanks Thorsten, ill get you a copy when it comes out. I think youll also dig the upcoming Nommo Ogo 2xlp

Thank you Robbie, very kind from you! I will listen to it for sure when you post something out from it at soundcloud.

For the font: sometimes I change my mind about it when I see the artwork in real in it's whole haptical presence. Graphics look rather flat at the internet sadly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://igloomag.com/reviews/tomoroh-hidari-some-stars-not-yet-black-holes-record-label-records

Tomoroh Hidari :: Some Stars Not Yet Black Holes (Record Label Records)

favicon.png

Some Stars Not Yet Black Holes
is an absolutely brilliant, deeply cerebral and moving effort that will ravish fans of electro-acoustic researches, kosmische synthesized minimalism (70′s Berliners) and absorbing dark ambient realms—an astonishingly profound, sonorous and evocative collection of slowly evolving meditative electronics.

t-hidari_black-holes-300x300.jpg

Tomoroh Hidari 'Some Stars Not Yet Black Holes'

badge_itunes-sm.gif The Viennese based artist Tomoroh Hidarimade a reputation thanks to the realization of complex and sonically immersive process electronic music. His electronic work admits a multi-directional approach which naturally leads to all kind of experimentations, rather conceptual and abstract but cleverly combined with touching-kinetic electronic grooves and futurist pop-ish melodious textures.

Conceptually inspired by the astro-physical black holes and the enigmatic universe of no-longer existing planets, this last effort develops a musical approach which favors long form ambient pieces in a classically established style, occasionally revealing natural connections with space “Kosmische” music. Each track’s title explicitly refers to a primordial astromomic phenomenon. Polaris opens this expanded cosmic musical odyssey with an avalanche of densely burgeoning drones sustained by interactive electronic scintillations, neuro-pulsating bass lines and dynamic molecular noises. “Algol” carries on utterly captivating and resonant soundscaping textures that progressively rise into a tranced-out minimalist trip. After the intriguing and dynamic “Sirius” with its unique psycho-acoustic properties we enter into the voluptuous and enigmatic “Regulus.” This composition is largely impregnated by continuous eerie sound forms. The following compositions still manage to create a consensus between harmonious, linear sound textures, “scientific” electro like figures and transformative timbral process. “Pleiades” closes the musical journey with agitated minimalist piano sequences covered by alien like sounds and drone vibes. Some Stars Not Yet Black Holes is an astonishingly profound, sonorous and evocative collection of slowly evolving meditative electronics.

To sum up things Some Stars Not Yet Black Holes is an absolutely brilliant, deeply cerebral and moving effort that will ravish fans of electro-acoustic researches, kosmische synthesized minimalism (70′s Berliners) and absorbing dark ambient realms. The originality of this album remains in the considerable dialogue between programming, synthesized techno-ish sounds and psycho-acoustic intensity. Perfectly representative album of space ambient dub music with a subtle interest for avant-garde experiments.

Some Stars Not Yet Black Holes is available on Record Label Records. Buy the vinyl version here and digital at all fine online shops.

• 1 month later...

Forget what I said at the beginning about the font! It looks absolutely amazing. Would gladly hand over something for it!

The previews are simply mindblowing and you got a lot of positive feedback before it was put out which fits very well to the product.

thanks Thorsten!, yeah to tell you the truth i was kinda worried about the way it would turn out once printed but when i saw it i was extremely pleased. Sometimes overly simple font and vector placement on a digital graphic looks ass but when its printed it looks super crisp and nice

• 2 months later...

thanks for noticing ;) . Yes it is one of my favorites, still. There aren't many people at all doing throwback music this well crafted without being totally indebted to electronic musicians of the 70s.

he just put out this one that is more of an electro acoustic abstract soundscape EP

http://tomorohhidari...e-pataphysician

also he's putting out a remix every week for this album called Some Stars Not Yet Remixes, i will be featured as the 4th remix this coming wednesday

(shhh, its free!)

http://tomorohhidari...<br /><br />hj

1511687129-1.jpg

am i the only one who finds it frustrating now to post html links on this forum? every time i do it i fuck up and i feel like a total dumbass

• 2 weeks later...

remixes that have been released so far

Polaris the24seventh edit

Algol - I AM APE remix

Sirius Automatic Tastys Blind Watchmaker remix

Regulus - Fluorescent Grey remix

Aldebaran Photophob Remix

Pleiades Nommo Ogo Remix

http://recordlabelrecords.org/174.html

fluorescent grey remix

http://soundcloud.com/tomoroh-hidari/tomoroh-hidari-04-regulus

automatic tasty

http://soundcloud.com/tomoroh-hidari/tomoroh-hidari-03-sirius

It's hard to wait but I hit the download button for the set in MP3/FLAC when all parts are out.

The Nommo Ogo one is really a melter with his kosmische synthwork by the way! Really a nice idea to make a remix album out of the original.

Archived