IGNORED

Clarence Park Japanese Reissue

Caretstik

Could be a massive fuckup posting this, but...

while browsing for the Japanese Iradelphic CD I stumbled across this:

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/4960663.

As well the Throttle Clarence tracks being tacked on, there are another two mentioned which google translates as 'to be determined'. Sorry if this has already been brought up elsewhere but I couldn't be bothered looking too diligently.

The Google Translate Page of Beat Records Japan's page for this release sort of reads like the two undetermiined bonus tracks will be from the era right after he changed his artist name from Chris Clark to Clark, so who knows what tracks they could be...

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.beatink.com%2FLabels%2FWarp-Records%2FClark%2FBRC-332%2F

Nice find though!

Whats with japan always getting extra bonus songs?

Even with Iradelphic they're getting a bonus track..

Wagonchrist's - toomorrow also had 2 bonus japan only tracks..

I think I've posted this here before, either way read this and you'll know: (Merck)

http://www.gabekoch.com/2007/12/

"Around %50 of our releases were sold in Japan, so the size of the scene you think the U.S./Europe has, divide that in half, the US is only buying 100-250 copies of our cds at most, same for Europe. The rest are going to Japan. The Japanese have the highest per square foot real estate costs, but yet they are the ones buying the most physical copies of music releases (vinyl on top of that!). So the big secret you all don’t know, is that without Japan, a lot of the indie labels you know and love, would be a lot worse off or not exist. So thank Japan for helping keep a lot of the music you love, coming out. There’s a reason every Warp album comes out in Japan 3 weeks before the rest of the world and has a bonus track on it."

The Japan only tracks tend to suck and not even really be in the same genre as the rest of the music (I'm thinking specifically of Underworld's most recent, where it was just some stupid drone track called Simple Peal. On second thought, they might have just put that track in for everybody. I dunno), though "Nordic Wilt," the Japan track off of one of Clark's last two albums, is pretty good.

The Japan only tracks tend to suck and not even really be in the same genre as the rest of the music (I'm thinking specifically of Underworld's most recent, where it was just some stupid drone track called Simple Peal. On second thought, they might have just put that track in for everybody. I dunno), though "Nordic Wilt," the Japan track off of one of Clark's last two albums, is pretty good.

Viberts are always pretty fucking good.

Viberts are always pretty fucking good.

yeah the bonus tracks off toomorrow were killer.

"deep down" ? lol

yep. with clark at least. actually every album is perfectly finished and than some random tracks follow. still, as a fanboy I'm getting curious about these tracks from Clarence Park.

Whats with japan always getting extra bonus songs?

Even with Iradelphic they're getting a bonus track..

Wagonchrist's - toomorrow also had 2 bonus japan only tracks..

I think I've posted this here before, either way read this and you'll know: (Merck)

http://www.gabekoch.com/2007/12/

"Around %50 of our releases were sold in Japan, so the size of the scene you think the U.S./Europe has, divide that in half, the US is only buying 100-250 copies of our cds at most, same for Europe. The rest are going to Japan. The Japanese have the highest per square foot real estate costs, but yet they are the ones buying the most physical copies of music releases (vinyl on top of that!). So the big secret you all don’t know, is that without Japan, a lot of the indie labels you know and love, would be a lot worse off or not exist. So thank Japan for helping keep a lot of the music you love, coming out. There’s a reason every Warp album comes out in Japan 3 weeks before the rest of the world and has a bonus track on it."

Missed that the first time.

Also thank all the people in US/UE buying the Japanese releases! You might be surprised how many of these Japanese releases end up here.

Turning Dragon bonus tracks are killer as well. Not sure if these are japtracks or itunes bonuses or anything else.

Ah, 'Beige Afterthought' and 'Pending Duskwrench'! They are both great but 'Pending...' is actually one of the best tracks on Turning Dragon for me! These are available only on the Japanese Beat Records CD (no iTunes, except maybe Japanese iTunes) so far as I am aware.

yep. with clark at least. actually every album is perfectly finished and than some random tracks follow. still, as a fanboy I'm getting curious about these tracks from Clarence Park.

To be clear, they may not be tracks from the Clarence Park era, and might be more recent tracks.

Anyone heard 'Steepgrass Five' (the Japanese exclusive at the end of Totem's Flare)? 24 minutes (!) of industrial ambience and craziness! I love Clark's Japanese tracks!

yes, that is fantastic

To be clear, they may not be tracks from the Clarence Park era, and might be more recent tracks.

is that a guess?

Anyone heard 'Steepgrass Five' (the Japanese exclusive at the end of Totem's Flare)? 24 minutes (!) of industrial ambience and craziness! I love Clark's Japanese tracks!

yes, that is fantastic

is that a guess?

I guess so :trollface:

• 4 weeks later...

So, there are six extra tracks in addition to the original album and Throttle Clarence, five of which are unreleased. It'll be nice to have Guitar Solo on a physical release as well, looks like I'm going to have to splash out after all.

http://www.beatink.com/Labels/Warp-Records/Clark/BRC-332/

How about that live cd that was supposed to be distributed with it? Did that every materialise outside japan?

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/9750/yep1.jpg

Archived