IGNORED

Daniel von Bargen

patternoverlap

http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/22/10478868-former-seinfeld-actor-shoots-himself-in-the-head-survives

Daniel von Bargen, a character actor who played Mr. Kruger on "Seinfeld," is in critical condition after shooting himself in the head, according to a report on TMZ.

The website has posted audio of a 911 call von Bargen made from his Ohio home Monday morning. During the call, he tells a dispatcher: "I was supposed to go to the hospital and I didn't want to. They were supposed to amputate at least a few toes."

Von Bargen, 61, says in the call that he shot himself in the temple with a .38 Colt and that he can't open his eyes. He tells the operator that he has already had one leg amputated and was "tired," referring to the procedure slated for his other leg.

The call ends with police entering von Bargen's apartment and they can be heard telling him to not move his hands and asking whether he has any other guns around.

Von Bargen's film credits include "Super Troopers," "Basic Instinct," and "O Brother, Where Art Thou" among others.

wait...i dont....what the fuck?

how does he shoot himself in the temple and still have his speech and memory faculties completely intact? he must have grazed something....this makes no sense to me...can xxx plz explain?

there are lots of photos of people on the interwebs who have blown off the front of their faces in attempted suicides, sometimes with shotguns, and did no damage to their brains. My guess is nature evolved humans to protect our brains at all costs, seems our eyes, nose, soft palate are sort of the "crumple zones" that can get blown away to soften an impact. Moral of the story: choose gas, pills, or throat slitting instead. That, or have a really steady aim at your brain stem...

Can you just request 911 tapes or was this leaked? Seems pretty perverse to put this in the news.

Also, the cops at the end are infuriating to listen to. Goddamn.

they pissed me off too and i never thought id be defending cops, I can understand why they were at least initially assholes. Some guy tries to blow his head off and you are walking into his house, hes obviously not of sound mind...who knows what could happen.

Once they find him and keep giving him shit though, thats fucked.

goddammit, he had a fucking leg amputated due to diabetes. the fact that you don't see any photos of him after his surgery suggests he wants to be well out of the limelight at this point. way to go, tmz.

Guest umop_apisdn

We can speculate as much as we want to in regard to how his brain is intact. I don't personally think that in the process of holding a gun to the temple an pulling the trigger, a person thinks "I should maintain a good grip and make sure this bullet passes through as much of my brain matter as possible." In fact, I'd be willing to guess your emotions are running high and not much of any thorough thoughtfullness is entering the process. For all we know, he shot straight through his temple and out his eye socket, perhaps the bridge of his nose, then out the other socket and temple. But who knows...

It's a pretty sad thing and it's a damn shame it's all up in the news feeds now. Doubt it's making things any better for the guy.

It's a pretty sad thing and it's a damn shame it's all up in the news feeds now. Doubt it's making things any better for the guy.

exactly. this is just really sad, and is awful how TMZ publicized something the actor obviously didn't want to make public, nor had he wanted to make it, or himself, public for at least several years.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting both of your legs amputated, bullet in the brain.

I need to LIVE and enjoy my youth before shit like this happens.

My thoughts exactly. I wish it would just hit harder something about being young and the feeling of invisibility... fuck this is sad to hear

Archived