IGNORED

Rushup Edge Album

Guest frankbank

This one's my favourite. Never seems to get much mention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjrTsim6Q4k

my morning alarm. never failed to get me outta bed.

This is a bad idea. Whenever I set something to be my alarm it gives me a subconscious negative feeling whenever I hear it anytime later. I would not want to do that with music I enjoy.

Well, it happens when you don't properly choose your music as alarms. It's been years that I'm using Xtal as my alarm in the morning and as my ringtone and I have never bad feelings when I hear it. It's so perfect that I just love listening to it and actually it makes more pleasant the moment when you receive a phone call you don't want to pick up... You just listen to the music and enjoy it.

Lately I have switched to In A Silent Way by Miles Davis as an alarm (Bill Laswell mix) and I' m in awe every morning, still not gettong bad vibrations about it.

I reckon that it may happen tho. I used some Flanger's track as a ringtone and it took me a while to get the feeling of a phone ringing when listening to it for pleasure.

Wanna laugh? My text message ringtone is now Rock'n Roll ain't Noise Pollution by AcDc and I love it, makes me want to listen to it every time.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a bad idea. Whenever I set something to be my alarm it gives me a subconscious negative feeling whenever I hear it anytime later. I would not want to do that with music I enjoy.

Well, it happens when you don't properly choose your music as alarms. It's been years that I'm using Xtal as my alarm in the morning and as my ringtone and I have never bad feelings when I hear it. It's so perfect that I just love listening to it and actually it makes more pleasant the moment when you receive a phone call you don't want to pick up... You just listen to the music and enjoy it.

Lately I have switched to In A Silent Way by Miles Davis as an alarm (Bill Laswell mix) and I' m in awe every morning, still not gettong bad vibrations about it.

I reckon that it may happen tho. I used some Flanger's track as a ringtone and it took me a while to get the feeling of a phone ringing when listening to it for pleasure.

Wanna laugh? My text message ringtone is now Rock'n Roll ain't Noise Pollution by AcDc and I love it, makes me want to listen to it every time.

yeah i think shiz ko e would be an awesome alarm and would make waking up a hundred times more awesome so it would be associated with waking up awesomely

Guest skibby

this record is dripping with seminal. i guess its not fair to the rest of the industry, thats why it didnt get a stupid grammy. instead of the nobel prize, they should give a copy of this album to bradley manning.

Guest dylanmcknd

I like confederation trough better and I like analord better than both tbh. analord seems so timeless/OUTSIDE OF TIME to me, even outside of authorship like nobody made some of the tracks. I'm convinced bwoon dub is not actually a track/work of audio but an interface with another dimension/richard didn't compose it he just found the one reality out of infinite ones where bwoon dub existed as a piece of music and somehow brought it to ours. Some tracks are admittedly a little cheap/also I am not particularly into the fenix funk/xmd5a stuff. Rushup Edge is so 'lookit me hey it's richard and he's doing stuff' to my ears while analord seems so detached from whatever/like I said like they always existed while Rushup/Trough is showing off some kind of technique/geeking out over gx1's. Although like I said Confederation Trough seems less like this to me/more detached. Like Fredulogon 6 wtf is going on there. I can't tell if it's just an archive/throwaway track or if it's actually brilliant or what and if so accidentally or purposefully brilliant wtf. But yeah another way of putting it is that Analord just CONSUMES me in a way Tuss stuff doesn't. Like fractally dark/strange I guess.

Then again I heard analord tracks during a strange time in my life where I was pretty gloomy and introspective/wandering around aimlessly literally and figuratively and maybe it sort of blew my mind and tuss would've done the same if I'd listened to that instead

if someone thinks analord is more detached like I was saying, let me know because I guess I'm more impressed by that detachment in some of his tracks than like crazy sequencing/sounds

100%

Something about analord reminds me of like lost things that have to do with charting geography kinda? if that makes any sense.

Something about the almost metallic, kinda low quality bangings on some of the tracks give me a real feeling of lost sounds, plus all the humming and things behind the sounds and in between tracks, if you get what I'm saying.

Hard to describe, but analord is probably my favorite music ever.

A few years ago I used to listen to the Analords A LOT. I think as well as The Tuss, I need to get into these again.

My favourite Tuss tracks are Synthacon 9, Rush Up I Bank 12 and Goodbye Rute.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah i think shiz ko e would be an awesome alarm and would make waking up a hundred times more awesome so it would be associated with waking up awesomely

i have mine as monolith - f-tron and waking up is usually a pleasure

Archived