IGNORED

Rushup Edge Album

Guest frankbank

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol @ pinnacle. are you nuts in the mind?

he's done soooooooooooooooo much better stuff before.

and i thought you were a one-time Warp DJ.

The Tuss is some of his weakest stuff, imho. which is funny! ..how people love it so much.

lol @ pinnacle. are you nuts in the mind?

he's done soooooooooooooooo much better stuff before.

and i thought you were a one-time Warp DJ.

The Tuss is some of his weakest stuff, imho. which is funny! ..how people love it so much.

:shrug:

ok, weak wasn't the right word. it's not weak. i just don't enjoy as much as a lot of the rest. ok? :smile:

maybe he tried too hard to sound like it was somebody different. that was the idea wasn't it.

oh well... nobody makes amazing tracks all of the time. :)

As far as skill in creating music The Tuss is definitely a show of some of his best abilities to make technically complicated pieces. Xtal is a great song, but it is extremely simple and almost anyone could mimick it. It is like one drum machine and a sample (possibly) with some delay, reverb, etc; in contrast, The Tuss, drukQs, and the Analord series are complicated songs using lots of different equipment and very detailed sequencing and editing. Fenix Funk, The Tuss, and all the Rephlex braindancers are the reason I can't listen to normal music anymore. I think it is interesting that people keep asking for SAW 3 because if you asked my opinion I would consider the Metz track and the Machester track to be a pretty spot on continuance of that series.

I do think it's some of his best stuff, as for pinnacle.. in a sense, yes. rushup edge sees the culmination of a lot of musical ideas and themes he had been exploring since druqks, coupled with some of the best.. ehm.. structuring? not sure how to put it but the tracks on rushup edge are so well crafted in the sense of how they unfold over time that they overshadow a lot of his earlier works, even the most complex tracks aren't so well thought out as these.

Rushup Bank, Death fuck mental beats and synthacon are the highlights for me. But I remenber the first time I heard this album I had never heard this kind of sound. It has very particular groove IMO. Now its not as as exciting istening to it again, however some other of his releases still amaze me when I listen to it. So I guess this work isnt timeless, like others are. Its not his masterpiece but I'm glad its out there instead of being stuck on some drawer.

I do think it's some of his best stuff, as for pinnacle.. in a sense, yes. rushup edge sees the culmination of a lot of musical ideas and themes he had been exploring since druqks, coupled with some of the best.. ehm.. structuring? not sure how to put it but the tracks on rushup edge are so well crafted in the sense of how they unfold over time that they overshadow a lot of his earlier works, even the most complex tracks aren't so well thought out as these.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest extherium

yeah my rushup edge vinyl is just gathering dust.

so maybe tuss is not aphex twin afterall :emotawesomepm9:

Mark Pritchard made an odd comment in a recent interview. Apparently Richard told him that those The Tuss releases weren't his stuff, then follows up by saying he (Richard) "doesn't know where they got the tracks from".

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/soundlab/

Listen to the last show (FLASH link in the orange box). About 30:45 they briefly talk about The Tuss.

Guest Retrig

Mark Pritchard made an odd comment in a recent interview. Apparently Richard told him that those The Tuss releases weren't his stuff, then follows up by saying he (Richard) "doesn't know where they got the tracks from".

http://www.abc.net.a...iplej/soundlab/

Listen to the last show (FLASH link in the orange box). About 30:45 they briefly talk about The Tuss.

And Grant said it isn't as well. But, it is.

yes

metz track is possibly the greatest afx track so far

http://www.abc.net.a...iplej/soundlab/

That was a great listen, thanks.

It seemed like The Tuss stuff was sort of lumped in with recent 'loads of unreleased aphex stuff', which is possibly that kronictronicboy/heavy mental stuff as it went around twitter briefly.

...So....?

It seemed like The Tuss stuff was sort of lumped in with recent 'loads of unreleased aphex stuff', which is possibly that kronictronicboy/heavy mental stuff as it went around twitter briefly.

...So....?

so kronictronicboy is the tuss???

makes sense

yes

yes +100. I have replayed that live recording multiple times in one sitting to hear the part where the wind chime/bell sound and flutes all come together with that boomy beat. I wants it, but probably will never gets the metz...

Not much replay value.

:wtf: I would have to disagree, I'd say lots of replay value, but to each his own

yes

fuck yes, this track is absolutely amazing period :music:

Archived