IGNORED

Rushup Edge Album

Guest frankbank

Guest masterdome

Um, yeah, of course, Tuss is top gear sonics. The Last Rushup is audio time displacement with a good measure of forced experiential perspective disassociation...an advanced auditory hallucination. Sure there can be discussions and what not, but any arguing about its value is quick to devolve into opinions, conjecture, and wankery. Blah blah blah, I do indeed f*cking love Tha, and Hangable Butane Bob, and a myriad of his other tunes too. Some have a nostalgic and/or sentimental attachment to them. The Tuss however is a fantastic accomplishment of natural artistic, scientific, metaphysic, progression. Sooooo, what, do you want him to make the same damn songs over and over again? For f*cks sake!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think anyone who hates on The Tuss needs their Aphex fan license revoked! It definitely stands with his best work, alongside Drukqs and RDJ album. It comes from a different place from the SAWs, obviously, but that doesn't mean it isn't canon. Opinions will never be fact, but Rushup Edge being some top-tier RDJ music is about as close as you will get!

It trascends the insular, narrow genre that spawned it, without a doubt.

ive never heard anything similar to the tuss, really good stuff

analords

mmmm, not for me, just a little, but the tuss tracks really have a unique feeling, lol lolololol

I guess.. it doesn't really make sense to say he must be deaf if something sounds like something else!

Because if he was deaf he would have no sense of anything sounding like anything :cerious:

=)

but seriously. Analords does not sound like the tuss. lol

I think they sound worlds apart personally. The perfection of mixing on the tuss stuff is just unparalleled anywhere else in his discography for one thing. also the tuss has some weird "boxy" groove to it if you know what I mean that I don't really pick up in the analords (or anywhere ever). And the tuss is just plain weirder than the analords

they sound as much like the tuss as they do drukqs. in my book thats a hell of a difference but w/e. I can't argue with what you guys hear!

I think what sets the tuss apart from analords was the repeated use of his yamaha gx-1. Provides a completely unique sound.

Btw, I think only 7 people in the world own a gx-1. That's how I recognized it was aphex twin right away.

Did he use the gx-1 at all in Analords?

6 weeks ago I was lucky enough (at long last!) to recieve the notorious IDM/Braindance 'click' via The Tuss. Before this happened I hated The Tuss and I must say I never thought I was going to understand what all the fuss with the tuss was about.

Now I do, and praise be!! Hallelujah to The Tuss!!

Archived