IGNORED

Rushup Edge Album

Guest frankbank

6 weeks ago I was lucky enough (at long last!) to recieve the notorious IDM/Braindance 'click' via The Tuss. Before this happened I hated The Tuss and I must say I never thought I was going to understand what all the fuss with the tuss was about.

Now I do, and praise be!! Hallelujah to The Tuss!!

congratulations on breaking through that shell, now you'll get some of that previously mentioned replay value that vasio doesn't think exists :tongue:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like there are a million ideas ping-ponging at breakneck speed in all different directions. That's what I didn't like about The Tuss but it's what I now love about The Tuss!! Immense.

The sound/ production is Zef too lol.

Guest sirch

yeah my rushup edge vinyl is just gathering dust.

so maybe tuss is not aphex twin afterall :emotawesomepm9:

Mark Pritchard made an odd comment in a recent interview. Apparently Richard told him that those The Tuss releases weren't his stuff, then follows up by saying he (Richard) "doesn't know where they got the tracks from".

http://www.abc.net.a...iplej/soundlab/

Listen to the last show (FLASH link in the orange box). About 30:45 they briefly talk about The Tuss.

balls. they'd say anything if Richard told 'em to. :)

Guest sirch

I would stack rushup edge against anything else RDJ ever did... I would venture "pinnacle"

bloody kids.

Guest sirch

It seemed like The Tuss stuff was sort of lumped in with recent 'loads of unreleased aphex stuff', which is possibly that kronictronicboy/heavy mental stuff as it went around twitter briefly.

...So....?

so kronictronicboy is the tuss???

makes sense

Exactly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-03vYYAjA

Guest sirch

Opinions will never be fact,

Rushup Edge being some top-tier RDJ music is about as close as you will get!

It trascends the insular, narrow genre that spawned it, without a doubt.

Rushup edge is quite good, to me it dosnt sound anything like the analords. but common is it really the best thing he has ever done?

Guest tonfarben

I personally think that "love7" is the bridge from analords to the tuss. And also, the tuss is his best work so far besides some tracks of druqks. I´d really like to hear more of that, or even better, a progression to that. I mean, it is music he made 2005, released two years later, 2007, so what is he doing now?

I have campaigned tirelessly for years on behalf of saw 85-92 and surfing on sine waves and AB3 etc as the pinnacle of AFX music. (In fact how all music was better in the "good old days" - it was). However I do realise that a certain amount of sentimentalism and historical context plays a part in this opinion (and the opinion of every old cunt on here). For every n16 yr old kiddies banging on about Come to Daddy being the best track ever made there will be one boring old Sirch or somebody declaring the early 90s as the golden age of Aphex. I was in total agreement with that point of view until Analord. I made a post some years back about how Analord was drawing level if not actually overtaking SAW 85-92 in my brain as the greatest electronic music ever made. These days I listen to the Analords far more often than any other AFX music. SAW 85-92 is still a beautiful, unrivalled album after 20 years of listening but the works in Analord are so much more accomplished and finely honed pieces of high end electrical music that I no longer feel the pull of the black hole of Nostalgia that demands 100% unswerving faith in the Holy Trinity - The SAW, The Window and The Analogue Bubblebath. Although it is ridiculous drawing a comparison between the two, I still prefer SAW to Drukqs but I think I prefer Analord to everything ever.

As regards the Tuss, as a development from Analord via the Fenix Funk bridge - Last Rushup 10 is perhaps the greatest piece of electronic music ever made.

As a rule of thumb, the music of Aphex has always been a good 5 or so years ahead of its time - Rushup Edge is as far ahead of everything else that Drukqs was in its time and RDJ album was in its time etc.

Of course everybody has their own opinions but anyone who disagrees with this objective fact is either stupid, a pussy, in denial or has spastic ears

There are times I can't listen to saws, there are times I can't listen to drill&basss, there are times I can't listen to analords, but there was never a time I couldn't listen to The Tuss.

There are times I can't listen to saws, there are times I can't listen to drill&basss, there are times I can't listen to analords, but there was never a time I couldn't listen to The Tuss.

I do actually agree with this statement. I never ever skip a tuss song. I dont know, i love all of richards work.

Guest couch

I really like the two Tuss albums. They are always enjoyable to listen to.

The little melodies buried in the chaos are wonderful. Types of things that, if they were stripped away from the chaotic madness would not be so out of place on Saw85-92 or I Care...

Archived