IGNORED

Best Aphex Twin songs?

Revitute

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they all suck (specially 4, Windowlicker, St. Michel Mount, Green/Blue/Yellow Calx, Fingerbib, Z Twig, Heliosphan, On, Nannou, Flim, and many more) I think his only good one is Come to Daddy.

they all suck (specially 4, Windowlicker, St. Michel Mount, Green/Blue/Yellow Calx, Fingerbib, Z Twig, Heliosphan, On, Nannou, Flim, and many more) I think his only good one is Come to Daddy.

Trolling? :trollface:

Guest cctoide

Polynomial-C, Fenixfunk 5, W32.Mydoom.AU@mm, Carn Marth, Girl/Boy Song, Ageispolis, Heliosphan, Alberto Balsalm

Hate picking favorites, though. Picking just these Analord tracks is a disservice to the rest of the Analords, as the rest are to their respective eras. Almost like real music awards :cisfor:

Need to listen more to pre-1994 stuff, I can't really recall any tracks from that era.

its a tough question. I started to answer it and my list was becoming way too large then I realized i listen too aphex too much and posted this instead :(

his three "greatest" works imo

girl_boy song nls mix

vordhosbn

four

Currently, Run the Place Red. Seriously. I would buy a 12xLP of AFX's raggacore

True. I think it gets a bad rap due to the two noise tracks. Speaking of raggacore check this out.

Alphabasic wrote:

"Do these 3 city crumbling cuts need introduction? In late 2003 a tiny label called Reject Records emerged from Detroit wielding a limited edition 12" split. The B side of this 12" went to an artist named Dr. Lefty, and contained 3 of the most face-melting ragga/breakcore tracks ever written. Soon this record arguably became the "hardest shit you can drop" to many DJs.

Sure enough, years later we find out Dr. Lefty is in fact an old alias of Benn Jordan's. This left the world with 2 problems:

1. All the 12" were long gone.

2. No digital copy exists from the masters.

Alphabasic to the rescue... [now] you can get all 3 digitally mastered tracks in lossless FLAC format."

Sold through the label's website:

http://www.alphabasic.com/index2.htm

Don't usually post on these subjects but I would like to mention To Cure a Weakling Child (Contour Regard) off Come to Daddy Ep. As this track is easily one of my tip-top-tastic Aphex tracks but never seems to get mentioned.

it always changes, but ive been loving his earlier stuff lately

Polynomial-C

73-Yips

On

Lichen

Blue Calx

Vordhosbn

Xtal

Fingerbib

Girl/Boy Song

Come to Daddy

Flim

Windowlicker

i guess that would fill up an album...so id have to do a Vol.2 with Arched via Maid, drukqs, etc.

If I was gonna do a top ten...uh...Iunno, it's been a while since I heard a lot of it & I never did get around to hearing Analords/Tuss/Caustic/26 Mixes/various other do-bobs, but

Windowlicker

On

Portheath Harbour

that short one from SAW2 with the "tway" sample

Wet Tip Hen Ax (that's the one where the drums sound like farts, right?)

probly a couple things off SAW85 and/or that first Analogue Bubblebath track

fast track off Drukqs

Piano track off Drukqs

Bit4 (for real. I love me some creepy machine noises)

Archived