IGNORED

Terrence Malick - Voyage Of Time

Redruth

As for the other Terrence Malick project, you may remember hearing about it shooting in rural Oklahoma, and we even featured a first look photo, too. It's an upcoming romantic drama that still remains untitled, but has a great cast including: Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams, Rachel Weisz, Javier Bardem, Barry Pepper andOlga Kurylenko. The Tree of Life star Jessica Chastain is in it briefly, too, but admits she doesn't even know if she'll make the final cut after Malick's endless editing. "I'm in one film and I was on another set. I don't know if I'm going to be in that film. It was a small [part]. I was only there for two days."

If the quality of the last few movies carrying Ben Affleck are a good indicator for the quality of this new project, I'll never watch a new Malick again.

OK, that was my hyperbolic statement of this hour. But still though, Ben Affleck.... My god.

As for the other Terrence Malick project, you may remember hearing about it shooting in rural Oklahoma, and we even featured a first look photo, too. It's an upcoming romantic drama that still remains untitled, but has a great cast including: Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams, Rachel Weisz, Javier Bardem, Barry Pepper andOlga Kurylenko. The Tree of Life star Jessica Chastain is in it briefly, too, but admits she doesn't even know if she'll make the final cut after Malick's endless editing. "I'm in one film and I was on another set. I don't know if I'm going to be in that film. It was a small [part]. I was only there for two days."
If the quality of the last few movies carrying Ben Affleck are a good indicator for the quality of this new project, I'll never watch a new Malick again. OK, that was my hyperbolic statement of this hour. But still though, Ben Affleck.... My god.

I think Ben Affleck's last few movies have been great (not a sentence I thought I'd write a while back). Gone baby Gone and The Town are strong directorial efforts, and I liked him on-screen in the latter as well.

I must admit these last two slipped by my attention. Since he made a consistent run of total crap (something about some comic hero?), I automatically zoomed out when seeing his name. To me, he was like the Tiesto of movies.

My bad.

I still haven't seen tree of life....should I bother? I want Malick to remain great in my mind...

i enjoyed it despite it's over indulgences. it'd definately be a better film without the pointless tripping out. i thought brad did a good job as the misguided dad.

anyway it certainly didn't taint my love of malick's great works (badlands and days of heaven). i doubt it would yours.

I still haven't seen tree of life....should I bother? I want Malick to remain great in my mind...

Why do you even ask the question? It's not over-indulgent imho, it's just somebody who has to say something. Was Michelangelo indulgent?

Why do you even ask the question? It's not over-indulgent imho, it's just somebody who has to say something. Was Michelangelo indulgent?

comparing tree of life to anything by michelangelo is a bit of a stretch. in fact it's such a huge fucking massive stretch i just pulled a muscle in my groin!

• 1 month later...

Tree of Life was amazing (save for the dinosaurs and the over the top ending).

The New World is my fave IMHO, and the best hes ever done. Stunningly gorgeous.

If you love being bored, then check it out. If you truly love his work then see it, you might not think it is a self-indulgent, derivative, long-winded film filled with thousands of close ups on the actor's faces and a hundred shots of an ugly lens-flared sun. One never knows.

Archived