IGNORED

Cannabis.

Hoodie

There is going to come a time when they will have no other choice but to legalize all drugs, drug cartels are taking over.

I'm of this opinion as well.

But drug cartels taking over gives the United States a great excuse to invade Mexico and start another war to fuel our military-industrial complex. Which direction will our government take is the real question here.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it will increase the number of dropouts at all. I think people who want to drop out will drop out and will use whatever drug they choose to waste their time, whether it's cannabis, alcohol, World of Warcraft, YouTube, daytime soap operas, or some combination thereof.

still agreeing

I'm not sure why "stoner culture" or pride about use seems unique to cannabis, maybe because it's very pleasurable with so few immediately visible side effects. But that kind of underachieving lifestyle isn't unique to stoners, the culture just makes it more apparent with cannabis. Which makes it a nice scapegoat for this behavior.

Yeah but stoners are imo a quite little part of people who smoke. Anyway that's what I can tell from what I've seen so far.

fuk da lor smowk da drur

edit: i saw this graffiti'd verbatim on the wall of an underpass in peterborough

So proud right now.

Is the United States ready for legalization of marijuana?

I don't know about the US, but when Sanatorum is a serious contester for the Republican candidate: NO. Not in the next 10 years.

He's not going to become president. No Moderate/Sane person would ever vote for him. Also, Romney is winning in regards to republican candidacy.

In regards to stoner culture, I can't stand it either. Seems like all of the stoners I know are more into "Getting Fucked Up" versus anything else. They're also all as dumb as a stump.

fuk da lor smowk da drur

edit: i saw this graffiti'd verbatim on the wall of an underpass in peterborough

So proud right now.

*top gun hi 5*

Just cause marijuana is legal doesn't mean people are going to go rampant on the streets doing crazy shit or getting into more accidents.

You regulate it like Alcohol, no drinking while driving no smoking while driving, must be 18 year of age, etc... etc..

You'd have fewer crimes, fewer people in jail and let me tell you something, that doesn't make the Jail companies happy, they need guests in their hotel and anything that will reduce the amount of customers they have is a big no no to them. If it were up to them they'd probably jail people for walking funny in the street.

jaywalking

murica!

I'm not sure why "stoner culture" or pride about use seems unique to cannabis, maybe because it's very pleasurable with so few immediately visible side effects. But that kind of underachieving lifestyle isn't unique to stoners, the culture just makes it more apparent with cannabis. Which makes it a nice scapegoat for this behavior.

Yeah but stoners are imo a quite little part of people who smoke. Anyway that's what I can tell from what I've seen so far.

Agree. There are many successful, intelligent, hard-working and high-functioning people who enjoy cannabis. Carl Sagan for one.

Legalise cannabis

Ban stoners

But what would I do without Madlib and doom metal?

Get a job, sir. The bums will always lose

It's so weird to be reminded that marijuana is still illegal in the US while here in Denver I can't even go to the bathroom without tripping over a dispensary. The one a few doors down shovels my sidewalk sometimes after a snowstorm. In the summer, they grill hot dogs on their front porch to be all neighborhoody. The major downside is that so far, they have been prime targets for robbery.

Is the US ready? In how many states is it still illegal to buy alcohol on Sunday?

still no liquor here in Texas on Sundays, and no wine or beer sales before noon on Sundays as well.

and cannabis should be legal. I am sure there is percentage that would astound politicians if they were to ever find how many people have tried or currently smoke cannabis. I bet it is around 75%. Or they are making money off of the legal side of things and want it to remain illegal. Either way..............it is all

ARCHAIC NONSENSE

Guest Franklin

I spend an hour or so every evening reading studies/books/reports on cannabis because I love to smoke it (vape it actually).

The book I'm reading now ("the pot book") is a compilation of a bunch of psychiatrists' views on the subject and pretty much the consensus is that it's not bad for humans at all. In fact, some shrinks are of the opinion that it's safer for us than most foods we consume on a daily basis.

Up here in canada there have been very strong pushes recently to legalize it but our prime minister keeps saying "no" because of the potential border problems as the US is so fucking backwards.

ps. I have like 1 billion opinions/thoughts on cannabis but I'm too tired to type more.

still no liquor here in Texas on Sundays, and no wine or beer sales before noon on Sundays as well.

and cannabis should be legal. I am sure there is percentage that would astound politicians if they were to ever find how many people have tried or currently smoke cannabis. I bet it is around 75%. Or they are making money off of the legal side of things and want it to remain illegal.

Military-Industrial Complex (not in a conspiracy way) makes tons of money off the War on Drugs, as does the prison industry.

Jeez, Texas sounds as bad as Canada for liquor sales. Except it probably isn't.

I spend an hour or so every evening reading studies/books/reports on cannabis because I love to smoke it (vape it actually).

The book I'm reading now ("the pot book") is a compilation of a bunch of psychiatrists' views on the subject and pretty much the consensus is that it's not bad for humans at all. In fact, some shrinks are of the opinion that it's safer for us than most foods we consume on a daily basis.

Up here in canada there have been very strong pushes recently to legalize it but our prime minister keeps saying "no" because of the potential border problems as the US is so fucking backwards.

ps. I have like 1 billion opinions/thoughts on cannabis but I'm too tiredhigh to type more.

freaking pothead. ;)

Vapes are great - I like the Easy-Vape style more than the volcanoes.

Harper is a neo-con, he'll never legalize it. Legalization (especially in the Pacific Northwest) would have huge economic benefits, the trade is already incredible, and it's not being taxed at all!

The only thing I have to say on this topic is that I really hate "stoner culture." Those kids that name themselves shit like "fourhundredandtwenty" online. It's pretty dumb seeing people act like little kids about something and let it become a defining characteristic of themselves. "Ah, yeah, man. Can't wait to get home and hit up the piece gonna be sick, dude."

This a thousand times,

its fucking embarrassing, the day cannabis is legalized, I'm going to have a clean shave, a fresh haircut and buy my first legal bag wearing a suit and tie.

i used to smoke a shit ton of strong weed, i havent had more than a toke at a party for a year now and im extremely happy i got out of that shit. i do drink more now, unhealthy, but insane amounts more fun.

You'd have fewer crimes, fewer people in jail and let me tell you something, that doesn't make the Jail companies happy, they need guests in their hotel and anything that will reduce the amount of customers they have is a big no no to them. If it were up to them they'd probably jail people for walking funny in the street.

You realize the majority of the US prison system is not privatized, yes? 2418352 inmates in the prison system nationwide versus 99000 in privately owned ones. I'm not sure if the 99000 are included in the larger number.

i know this seems like petty cash compared to what the bankers are making, but just this one private prison corporation is making $150 million a year after expenses ($1 billion in total revenue before):http://en.wikipedia....tion_of_America

that's a shit load of money--and that's just ONE of the corporations. i wonder what the entire industry is worth?

I think a good debate to be had from this would be if it'd be better to have these corporations making money or if it'd be better to have the government paying for prisons? It's unrelated for the most part to the actual topic, but a lot of people in the system are there due to some sort of substance abuse (alcohol, pot, controlled substance, etc).

The only thing I have to say on this topic is that I really hate "stoner culture." Those kids that name themselves shit like "fourhundredandtwenty" online. It's pretty dumb seeing people act like little kids about something and let it become a defining characteristic of themselves. "Ah, yeah, man. Can't wait to get home and hit up the piece gonna be sick, dude."

This a thousand times,

its fucking embarrassing, the day cannabis is legalized, I'm going to have a clean shave, a fresh haircut and buy my first legal bag wearing a suit and tie.

Maybe it's wrong of me to entirely associate these individuals with all users, but I really do. When people I know that are my age upload pictures on facebook of something that's somehow 4punctuationmark20 ($4.20, 4/20, 4:20) or they try to subtly hint to the fact that they're doing that, like it makes them cool, accepted by peers, or whatever, I get needlessly irritated. Perhaps it's a case of the vocal minority, though I've found in many cases people like to shove their shit in the faces of others. An example would be when I'm playing a game online with voice chat or where users can change their names, individuals are much more likely to say something along the lines of how wasted/high they are or append "(drunk)" or "(high)" to the end of their name. This happens with groups from fanbases as well, and it's an annoying behavior or attitude to have, to broadcast things needlessly about oneself as though it's who one is, one's "face."

A lesser example of this is when my dad's girlfriend, her sister, and her daughter go outside to have a cigarette. Apparently smoking is still a status symbol where they're from (Kiev), but they act all giggly as though they just managed to steal a cigarette from daddy without him noticing and they're preteens all over again or something. I feel this attitude come through individuals a lot that use whatever and whether it's legal or not (drinking, pot, cigarettes; potentially underaged for the legal two).

i used to smoke a shit ton of strong weed, i havent had more than a toke at a party for a year now and im extremely happy i got out of that shit. i do drink more now, unhealthy, but insane amounts more fun.

well, that's subjective. when i drink, all i get is a bad headache or terrible nausea. i'd much rather get stoned.

and cannabis should be legal. I am sure there is percentage that would astound politicians if they were to ever find how many people have tried or currently smoke cannabis. I bet it is around 75%. Or they are making money off of the legal side of things and want it to remain illegal.

Military-Industrial Complex (not in a conspiracy way) makes tons of money off the War on Drugs, as does the prison industry.

Jeez, Texas sounds as bad as Canada for liquor sales. Except it probably isn't.

ps. I have like 1 billion opinions/thoughts on cannabis but I'm too tiredhigh to type more.

freaking pothead. ;)

Vapes are great - I like the Easy-Vape style more than the volcanoes.

Harper is a neo-con, he'll never legalize it. Legalization (especially in the Pacific Northwest) would have huge economic benefits, the trade is already incredible, and it's not being taxed at all!

whats wrong with Canada for liquor sales?

There are 3 stores within 5 blocks from me, all open at 10am 7 days a week. lol

I am a fan of all thc products btw.

Whether thats bud, or some sort of derivitave of it: I enjoy it all.

In a proper country, you can walk into a convenience store at any time of day or night and purchase alcohol. Also the liquor tax in Canada is ridiculous.

Archived