IGNORED

Cannabis.

Hoodie

Guest theSun

i'd also like to point out that a marijuana "high" is very subjective. i know people who lose their shit when they've smoked, and others like myself who don't really appear any different

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'd also like to point out that a marijuana "high" is very subjective. i know people who lose their shit when they've smoked, and others like myself who don't really appear any different

every psychoactive substance is like this.

ex. i know people who can drink two energy drinks and feel nothing. i also know people that start shaking from a cup of coffee.

ex. i know people who can down shots all night and act relatively normal. i also know people who start acting aggressive and strange from alcohol.

everyone's body chemistry is different in subtle ways, etc etc.

---------

Beer is almost always consumed as a refreshment.

Marijuana, crack, cocaine and heroin are used to radically alter the normal physical and emotional state.

---------

lol.

Beautiful essay, Alfred, thanks for posting.

---------

Marijuana, crack, cocaine and heroin are used to radically alter the normal physical and emotional state.

---------

lol.

I would be laughing but it's depressing how many people believe this garbage. Where is this quote from, anyway? I don't see any citation on the site you linked to.

Guest theSun

every psychoactive substance is like this.

ex. i know people who can drink two energy drinks and feel nothing. i also know people that start shaking from a cup of coffee.

ex. i know people who can down shots all night and act relatively normal. i also know people who start acting aggressive and strange from alcohol.

everyone's body chemistry is different in subtle ways, etc etc.

leads to ... how can you apply laws regarding things that effect people differently? especially regarding something like a DUI. Some people are NOT ok to drive several hours after smoking, while others can smoke and drive safely. it's certainly not the same type of impaired from drunk driving.

DUIs ruin peoples lives. it's something to take seriously if weed is legal

Beautiful essay, Alfred, thanks for posting.

---------

---------

lol.

I would be laughing but it's depressing how many people believe this garbage. Where is this quote from, anyway? I don't see any citation on the site you linked to.

Yeah it's amazing to realize how much people consider weed as being dangerous just because of the legislation. prejudices like "it's makes you become dumb in the long run", "smoking weed is an irresponsible act" and so on is in a lot of people's head. I mean, even in the head of young people who often make parties and drink alcohol. I think it's a quite relevant indicator of a certain narrow-mindedness.

I have a group of acquaintances from high school who I see from time to time because I'm a close friend of one of them and we sometimes go out all together. We like to smoke together with that friend, but the others of the group obviously don't like us to do so and are always making comments on that (in a childish underlying way). Like they want to make us feel we're drug addicts. Annoying

Guest Franklin

thanks for the Sagan essay... never read that before.

Also, we need more advocates like chen and stephan. fuck i need to learn statistics.

I am all for the legalization of weed. I like weed and smoke it when I have the chance, but I don't like the pot-zealots who have to let everyone know how great weed is and so on. Shut up about it, it's nothing special and you are not special for using it either.

Yep. What i hate the most about weed is the 420 culture, the Doug Bensons of the world. They are just a bunch of lost souls trying to find a fad to hide their monotonous existence.

I am all for the legalization of weed. I like weed and smoke it when I have the chance, but I don't like the pot-zealots who have to let everyone know how great weed is and so on. Shut up about it, it's nothing special and you are not special for using it either.

i wonder if you put the people who espouse the benefits of beer and other alcoholic beverages in the same category? there are multiple threads about the creation and consumption of alcohol on watmm now. let me list them for you:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/68370-watmm-homebrew-thread/

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/68453-tuesday-night-drunk-thread/

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/71470-winter-beers/

i don't see why talking about other psychoactive substances should be shameful. i mean, i dislike potheads that think weed is a miracle drug and that once it's legalized we'll start making everything out of hemp but i also dislike people who drink alcohol and will only talk about how wasted they got this weekend and how they tried this new beer and they couldn't come into class because they had such a mad hangover and hey, have you ever played these drinking games? here, let me explain the rules to you, even though you have absolutely no interest in learning about it, because i assume that everyone loves alcohol and loves getting drunk.

at least the "420" culture somewhat revolves around feeling good, listening to good music, and being happy with your life, rather than the "LOL PARTY HARD PUSH UR BODY TO ITS LIMITZ!!!" vibe that the "alcohol" culture in the united states is about. i automatically lose all respect for people who BRAG to me about blacking out from alcohol. seriously? that's fucking weak.

this thread is entirely off-topic though. my girl hillary can bring us back on track in response to this:

weed is illegal because the booze industry has lobbied intensely and has done everything in their power to promote their product and demonize weed. they are under the assumption that people will choose weed over booze, and i think they're right. sure not everyone is going to quit drinking, but if bud is legalized i bet budweiser sales drop.

mixing booze and weed is something i don't think many people can handle well. if you want people out drinking at a bar all night, it's not going to help when a few puffs gives drunk people the spins and/or puts them to sleep.

that said, i barely drink. when i do, it's for the taste of great beers, not usually to get drunk. basically, fuck annheuser busch

everything is about money

In what will likely be seen as something of a Freudian slip by the US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton said recently in a Mexican news interview that the United States cannot legalize drugs as a means of fighting the black market because “there is just too much money in it.”

Asked by Denise Maerker of Televisa what she thought of drug legalization, Clinton said it was unlikely to work.

“There is just too much money in it,” Clinton said. “You can legalize small amounts for possession, but those who are making so much money selling, they have to be stopped. They can’t be given an even easier road to take, because they will then find it in their interest to addict even more young people.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/07/clinton-legalize-drugs-too-much-money/

hit the nail on the head, the sun. it's all about money. the alcohol companies are profiting off this, as are a plethora of other industries. there's too much money in it to stop, until the cost becomes high enough. but when will that happen?

does anyone else think that the usa is gonna invade mexico in the near future?

i wonder if you put the people who espouse the benefits of beer and other alcoholic beverages in the same category? there are multiple threads about the creation and consumption of alcohol on watmm now. let me list them for you:

http://forum.watmm.c...omebrew-thread/

http://forum.watmm.c...t-drunk-thread/

http://forum.watmm.c...0-winter-beers/

I don't see any problems with the winter beers and homebrew threads, that talk doesn't bother me. I don't mind having an adult discussion about the various weed strains or growing techniques either. It's the stupid glorification and zealotry with 420 culture that bugs me. Yes, you have discovered weed, congratulations, you are the nth millionth person to do so over the course of history and have not discovered the answers to all our problems. Drunk threads aren't amusing and rather silly, same with "i am so fucking stoned" threads. The overt bragging about how drunk/stoned you were at a party is also quite boring and not interesting, unless it leads to an amusing anecdote. Using substances is nothing special, stop ritualizing it, especially if you are a western kid.

Interesting talks about ones experiences with psychoactives don't bother me, as long as they are interesting and different. Not the usual "babby's first joint" realizations, thinking they are somehow novel or new when saying something like "we are all infinite and vibrations of energy, man". We've all heard them. Not saying they are wrong, but just boring.

Archived