IGNORED

Black Box: One Year On

Dragon

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont ye fellas get it. mdg IS BoC. Hence the "cloak and dagger". :cerious:

Over on twoism there is an immense thread about 'new album speculation'. One of the lads over there posted all the things he had done in life since the release of TCH, it was something like 'graduated from university, travelled Europe, got married and had a new born baby who is now 3 years old' (Lol) He was summarising all the things in life since a new album from BoC. Mdg replied back almost immeadiately and posted ''musicians have lives too...'' And I thought, mmm that sounds like a member of BoC to me. Not really biting back, but explaining they have things in life to attend to as well. From then on I thought mdg is BoC.

Dont ye fellas get it. mdg IS BoC. Hence the "cloak and dagger". :cerious:

Over on twoism there is an immense thread about 'new album speculation'. One of the lads over there posted all the things he had done in life since the release of TCH, it was something like 'graduated from university, travelled Europe, got married and had a new born baby who is now 3 years old' (Lol) He was summarising all the things in life since a new album from BoC. Mdg replied back almost immeadiately and posted ''musicians have lives too...'' And I thought, mmm that sounds like a member of BoC to me. Not really biting back, but explaining they have things in life to attend to as well. From then on I thought mdg is BoC.

yes, it really takes a member of a reclusive idm band to come up with the conclusions that musicians have life.

"musicians have lives too..."

and one part of it is releasing music, perhaps?

Well that's my opinion. I can sense theses things. There was a slight bite to it.

*hears mark wispering "bite me"*

Well that's my opinion. I can sense theses things. There was a slight bite to it.

Well exactly, at what point does a recording artist simply revert to becoming a bedroom musician, or if in the case of not even recording anything.... retired?

Well exactly, at what point does a recording artist simply revert to becoming a bedroom musician, or if in the case of not even recording anything.... retired?

1. when they get a full time job in a different business.

2. when they sell their instruments/musical equipment.

IMO mdg just meant that for boc music is a hobby, not their main source of income, so it's bound to always be second to stuff that actually keeps the mansion running.

Guest couch

BoC is not an active band. They don't tour or play gigs or festivals. Their releases are sparse. I can't imagine them making much money off that. And it doesn't seem like they ever treated it as a primary source of income either.

So they probably have careers that take up time.

In other words: they're amateurs making pretty damn good music in their spare free time.

So, they're into private equity in their dayjobs?

Guest couch

In other words: they're amateurs making pretty damn good music in their spare free time.

So, they're into private equity in their dayjobs?

I like to think that the amount of money you bring in from doing something creative or artsy has no bearing on if you are amateur or pro.

Amateur would be the guy that gets involved in let's say music, at a surface level but never makes anything of it. He might have recorded something into his computer or whatever a few times. But never had any intentions to go anywhere with his creations.

BoC probably pulls some money from other people wanting to use their music too. I've heard it in documentaries before.

Amateur would be the guy that gets involved in let's say music, at a surface level but never makes anything of it. He might have recorded something into his computer or whatever a few times. But never had any intentions to go anywhere with his creations.

I am an amateur.

mdg is a representative from Hexagon Sun.

this sentence reminded me of jandek. and made me realise we probably know more about jandek than we will ever know about boc, lol

Archived