IGNORED

Meatbingo - Cynically For You

Guest Backson

I can respect you don't enjoy this Sirch, and your reasoning behind that is solid, but I find it annoying that you think this particular chopped up style is overdone.

I search long and hard for stuff that sounds exactly like this, and believe me its far from overdone. I can only think of a handful of decent releases in this style.

the claim that these sounds are old and stale isn't a criticism that applies anywhere outside of your personal opinion. And that's just fine, but for people like me this is a style of music that is both as awesome as it is scarce.

Agree except that I'm not particularly annoyed by your opinion, Sirch. I'm just trying to understand it.

You seem to be saying that you're sick of it which to me seems to imply to me that at one point you enjoyed it somewhat, but you don't name any of the cut-up artists that you enjoyed prior to being sick of it. I would like to hear them :)

Also you seem to imply that cut-up stuff lacks emotion, which would take some piss out of my previous implication. I understand this criticism which seems true when you consider the process involved in making this music. But anecdotally I find this completely false - check out the aforementioned Madlib and J-Dilla, they have made some real tearjerkers using nothing but slices of pre-existing music.

And this Blackpool stuff resonates my emotions plenty, it's just a more diffuse, grey spectrum of feelings, like frustration, angst, ennui, and the transcendence of these. These are the kinds of emotions I find expressed in precious little other music, at least to this degree or in this way, and I very much appreciate this expression.

I will refrain from wheeling out the hackneyed defence of sampling about how all music is based on existing ideas (hackneyed cos it's true).

My conflicting inferences indicate to me that I'm barking up the wrong tree, but I don't have much to work with because your posts in this thread have been a bit vague.

I quite enjoy this cut-up stuff but I do like the more creepy, hauntological stuff that VHS Head and Oneohtrix Point Never put out.

I agree with this, although the Blackpool stuff is a variation of this aesthetic that I can enjoy in a more upbeat mood, which I appreciate. End Of Life Entertainment Scenario #1 floored me the first time I heard it. I forgot how nice it could be to listen to the same loop with almost no variation for eight and a half minutes.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, End Of Life Entertainment Scenario #1 is just a killer piece. I never realised how much beauty could be distilled from a simple set of loops.

Well, read the topic and bought instantly. Great music- and they should bring out a vinyl as well from that EP.

chapeau Neil :)

I quite enjoy this cut-up stuff but I do like the more creepy, hauntological stuff that Oneohtrix Point Never put out.

I believe sunsetcorp is Oneohohtrix Point Never. It's all on his Memory Vague dvd if you can find it.

ps; good album; but I hate Bomb the 80's.

I quite enjoy this cut-up stuff but I do like the more creepy, hauntological stuff that Oneohtrix Point Never put out.

I believe sunsetcorp is Oneohohtrix Point Never. It's all on his Memory Vague dvd if you can find it.

ps; good album; but I hate Bomb the 80's.

sunsetcorp is Oneohohtrix Point Never indeed. He is releasing screwed music under his Chuck Person moniker. Really worth to check out and a humouros collage work as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hmm, does that mean we don't see another bandcamp release? Or will skam take the option to release the next one as wished in the past on a physikal format?

In any case and twist- exciting news.

• 3 years later...

it's been.... remastered.... ok. didn't sound like it needed it but kewlio

That's all that's new about it. I only bumped the thread because it's a solid release and there might be a few people on here who've never heard it or didn't know this is the same guy who does the Phono Ghosts stuff. 

This also marks the first time it's had a physical media release, and if you're collecting them, it's a good thing.

Now, we just need VHS Head's Video Club to get a vinyl issue....

Archived