IGNORED

AdB - Some beats

Stock

Hi guys :)

So this is my first post in the YLC subforum, I am a bit afraid and excited at the same time, but this is the point of every "first time" I guess...

I bought a MPC few months ago and started making some tracks with it. I won't come up on this thread with every single bit I record, but only with "mature" tracks or WIP - everything in this one thread, a la Antape. Some comments, feedbacks, advices would be massively appreciated : even if I quite like the way my tracks sound yet I know it could be better, and I know that with your help I could hugely improve my level :music:

So here we go, today I "released" two tracks based on Bollywood samples :

http://soundcloud.com/adb/rang-rang-rang

http://soundcloud.com/adb/going-om-final

(you can download both tracks on my blog)

Let me know what you think about it, good or bad opinions, everything will be welcomed !!!

Have a nice day :flower:

Cheers !

I don't care much for the first track but the second track definitely has potential. Very nice sampling, nice build up, and I like how you cut up the string sample @ 1.22 - sounds awesome.

You should work on the EQing because it is a tiny bit muddy which I guess is mostly because of the bass but the drums could also use some work because right now they're kinda drowning in the bass :)

If I was you I would probably reconsider some of the drum samples you've used because they sound a bit flat and a bit cheap. It's mainly the snare I'm talking about here, but I would also remove the chime thingie completely because... chimes, man... nuh-uh...

At the beginning of the tune you've used a fast delay/slow flanger or a stutter effect which kinda messes with your kick because it makes it sound as if it's stumbling over its own feet. Also, I could be wrong about this, but it sounds as if the string sample is playing at a faster tempo than the the rest of the track... but I'm not sure.

Keep up the good work! :)

Thank you very much !!!

You should work on the EQing because it is a tiny bit muddy which I guess is mostly because of the bass but the drums could also use some work because right now they're kinda drowning in the bass :)

Snap ! You discovered my secret - I almost never use EQs, because I don't know at all how to use it. I mean, sometimes I try to plug an EQ on something (bass or drums) and all of a sudden it sounds awful. I know I should spend more time on these…and I will.

If I was you I would probably reconsider some of the drum samples you've used because they sound a bit flat and a bit cheap. It's mainly the snare I'm talking about here, but I would also remove the chime thingie completely because... chimes, man... nuh-uh…

I have to agree with you on this point as well - I used drum samples directly taken from my Roland keyboard, with very little to no editing, therefore they are kind of annoying. I wanted to produce some tracks very quickly so I didn't try to look for better samples, now I reckon it was a mistake !

BUT ! I love chimes :emotawesomepm9:

Again, thank you ! I'll keep your remarks in mind in the future, and keep this thread updated with some new material, hopefully soon :beer:

Whoa thanks that's very kind of you !!! I don't know when I'll be able to put some material out, I'm like surrounded by work these times and it's difficult to produce anything worthwhile but I definitely will keep you informed. Thanks again :beer: !

Archived