IGNORED

Jürgen Müller is Panabrite

eh Speedy

Ah, it's too fucking obvious, Jürgen Müller is Panabrite. After those sound samples at Boomkat from the new Digitalis (of course) release. Way too easy. And the description has this to say:

"...maverick soundscaper Norm Chambers, aka Panabrite. Over the last few years he's amassed a small library of exceptional material for the likes of Gift Tapes, Aguirre and Digitalis, plus one rather special pearl, a real scene classic, produced incognito and which we've been sworn to secrecy over."

And the dude does a bunch of aquatic themes on his other stuff http://www.discogs.com/artist/Panabrite

I knew that 1982 German marine researcher / one-off analogue synth record story was too cool to be true. Well +1 to Digitalis for getting us lap up that press release. I'm not disappointed.

never really believed the story. it's a sweet record in any case.

indeed. the whole jurgen muller not having a discogs page or any mentions online outside this "reissue" was enough to keep me unconvinced

• 3 weeks later...

this is kinda undeniable, isn't it?

i was just listening to panabrite's "contemplating the observatory" and the track "soft soil" is clearly a version of the first track on the jurgen muller record, "jenseits des stromes."

Archived