IGNORED

merge now playing track and album threads

eugene

oh hi,

do you music forum regulars also think that there's no sense in two separate "now playing" threads for album and individual tracks ?

if you're playing a song then you just post its name or a youtube/other legit link, if you're playing an album just post its cover and optionally a track you're currently playing.

what do you think ?

My first reaction is "no I like the separate threads" but when I actually thought about it, why the hell not merge them? Especially since the forum update that made thread subtitles less obvious / more difficult to see.

I vote yes.

Guest carthief

I tend to like them being separate, because I find that the "track" thread has more instances of people rapid-fire (or a little slower than that) posting one track after another, like updating everyone on their playlist for the day, one track at a time.

I'm more the type of person looking for entire album recommendations as opposed to tracks, so the inclusion of tracks for me would be, for the most part, chaff.

I like them separate since I use the now playing (track) thread to discover new music. In the album one people usually don't post links to previews or youtube videos. I can certainly browse through discogs and find some track titles I can search for on youtube, but I can't know beforehand which are the standout tracks. Not to mention that sometimes people just post the cover art and don't even post the album and artist name.

Archived