IGNORED

Sean talks on technology at The Simply Superior podcast

Guest 2062

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the jovial discussion about the 5.1 one discs was good, at least Sean said that it was a project deferring to Andrew, not surprising.

i don't know if it's different in the UK, but in the US a lot of people have 5.1 systems across the spectrum from shitty to adequate. Most of the people i know who do are gamer/geeky types, but it's funny Sean says most of the people he knows with 5.1 are 'chavvy'

Yes, I am really enjoying listening to this. They are currently talking about Iceland and how Google could have afforded to buy the country in the depths of their debt crisis.

I do not have 5.1 yet, I might treat myself for my birthday though (its my 30th this year). I do not think having 5.1 is chavvy, perhaps it is in Manchester though.

I enjoyed the discussion about synths and Sean's comments on the thousands of cunts making crap music....

can't wait to hear the results of Sean's year long programming session, maybe this means a new AE album won't be coming out as soon as we thought?

yeah esp. since he said he just now started working on new tracks

Sean's making me want to try SunVox on my phone

You know, I did exactly the same thing - Slightly overwhelming interface when I first loaded it up about 3 in the morning but I'm definitely gonna give this a go. It seems like Buzz crossed with FastTracker so should be pretty fun to play around with !

one of the first time i've heard Sean acknowledge Farmers Manual, who imo were the inspiration behind the Gescom Minidisc release.

farmers manual are my heroes

They are great. In case you haven't already come across this, farmers manual recorded most of their live shows and made them available for download..

http://rla.web.fm/twiki/bin/view/Rla

How do you use miro to listen to this?

You don't have to -

Cheers! :) I ended up ripping it analog off my crappy netbook which already had iTunes installed, pretty low-tech. The stream was pretty lo-fi, though (couldn't hear a lot of what they said, in fact) so I don't think it suffered too much from the transcoding.

I want to get back into programming after hearing Sean's comments about apps. I've wanted to do some Android stuff since I got my HTC in late 2010 but haven't started, I guess because I didn't have a compelling enough idea to get started with. After hearing this I feel like there's actually some uncharted territory, like there's still not many weird audio apps so there's still somewhat of a frontier.

one of the first time i've heard Sean acknowledge Farmers Manual, who imo were the inspiration behind the Gescom Minidisc release.

farmers manual are my heroes

They are great. In case you haven't already come across this, farmers manual recorded most of their live shows and made them available for download..

http://rla.web.fm/twiki/bin/view/Rla

Oh shit! I heard about this in like 2004 and I forgot about it! Now I've got something fresh to listen to for the next few weeks :beer:

Best thread on this subforum in a while!!

Archived