IGNORED

The leak of Iradelphic ?

Guest fromheaven

Guest fromheaven

I just wonder how this release can be all over the place at various p2p , torrent-groups and whatever when the release date is 4.2.12.

It cant be in the artist interest that WARP most be totally sloppy with there security to let this one slip or do I got something wrong here ?

Guest Lucy Faringold

Warp send promos out pretty early man.

Pros: More likely to get coverage and a proper evaluation.

Cons: This.

Pisses me off. I'll do the respectful thing and wait for my preordered copy to arrive. The stealing mother-fuckers will get less enjoyment out of the album than I do, I think; since I actually respect it.

Guest cult fiction

leaks generate threads generate sales.

Sound logic that would actually be true in a better and more worthy universe.

even when said threads are all negative?

im still waiting for my preorder to arrive as well. i am always baffled as to why warp would not release it digitally to combat the leak.

Simple response from warp would just be to bring forward the digital release now it's leaked, like they do for autechre albums. Seems the best way to reward people who actually pre-order the stuff.

Guest Enter a new display name

Pisses me off. I'll do the respectful thing and wait for my preordered copy to arrive. The stealing mother-fuckers will get less enjoyment out of the album than I do, I think; since I actually respect it.

Yeah that's right, force yourself to enjoy that obviously disappointing album.

lol so history repeats?

Totems Flare is even worse than Turning Dragon.

why do you even care if you do not like Clark at all? lol

on the other hand most people do not like Clark on first listen I just stumbled over you comment by randomly looking for old posts about Totems Flare:

that sounds really bad

Right. Different people enjoy different things. So if it's somehow disappointing to you feel free to share your commentary when it comes out. I actually will enjoy it.

Right. Different people enjoy different things. So if it's somehow disappointing to you feel free to share your commentary when it comes out. I actually will enjoy it.

Like REALLY enjoying it?

Like REALLY enjoying it?

Not sure yet. I'll make that call when I recieve my legally purchased copy in the mail =P

I've only heard the 3 sample songs.

Guest Enter a new display name

Forget the part when I said the album was objectively poor, but what I meant is you seem to think patience will make you enjoy the album even more by waiting for your preordered copy. I guess I would do the same with some music producers I really care about. And I adore Clark's first 3 albums though so I'm not a 100% hater when it comes to him.

even when said threads are all negative?

im still waiting for my preorder to arrive as well. i am always baffled as to why warp would not release it digitally to combat the leak.

I wouldn't be surprised actually. I think labels just assume that it's going to happen and roll with it these days.

Forget the part when I said the album was objectively poor, but what I meant is you seem to think patience will make you enjoy the album even more by waiting for your preordered copy. I guess I would do the same with some music producers I really care about. And I adore Clark's first 3 albums though so I'm not a 100% hater when it comes to him.

I understand what you mean now.

I just think it takes something away from the experience of listening to music to just download it illegally. There is none of the anticipation of waiting for it to be released, waiting for it in the mail, checking the mailbox everyday, finally finding the time to sit down and give it a proper listen, etc.

Guest Lucy Faringold

I just think it takes something away from the experience of listening to music to just download it illegally.

This is 100% true. If you buy something and then play it your focus of attention is higher and you will more likely listen to it 'properly', i.e. in a nice environment with fewer distractions. The experience will be of a higher quality, in my opinion.

It's too easy to just leech the latest leaks, give them a half assed listen whilst you're checking your emails then say 'nah' and move onto the next thing.

Don't mean to turn this into another 'FILESHARING IS DEVALUING MY MUSICS' thread, but it's just how I'm feeling at the moment.

I just think it takes something away from the experience of listening to music to just download it illegally.

This is 100% true. If you buy something and then play it your focus of attention is higher and you will more likely listen to it 'properly', i.e. in a nice environment with fewer distractions. The experience will be of a higher quality, in my opinion.

It's too easy to just leech the latest leaks, give them a half assed listen whilst you're checking your emails then say 'nah' and move onto the next thing.

Don't mean to turn this into another 'FILESHARING IS DEVALUING MY MUSICS' thread, but it's just how I'm feeling at the moment.

Agree with all of these comments, it's always been my train of thought. Fair enough if your auditioning stuff you don't know too much about. But otherwise it's just not the real deal with me. Never listened to a leak in my life. It's a bit like sneaking downstairs as a child and trying to unwrap christmas presents before the big day.

i think if you buy stuff before you listen to it you listen to it with 'i gave money for this, this better be good' attitude which spoils the judgement. in a way, listening to stolen goods is pure in a way of forming an opinion, because there's really nothing between you and the music to influence you. fink aboot it gies

Agree with all of these comments, it's always been my train of thought. Fair enough if your auditioning stuff you don't know too much about. But otherwise it's just not the real deal with me. Never listened to a leak in my life. It's a bit like sneaking downstairs as a child and trying to unwrap christmas presents before the big day.

Glad some people share my opinion on it! Thanks beer-boss

Archived