Guest CapriBuddha

Guest CapriBuddha

Was unsure for a while about whether this thread was worth making or not, but I now feel my instincts are worth trusting, and even if they're wrong only good could come of it.

So basically, one of my best friends went missing several weeks ago and it made me think: even though we all loved and appreciated him so much we never showed it. He;s one of the smartest people I've ever known and very capable in every aspect of his life so I guess we never worried that he had a dark side or would ever consider going missing (of course, he may not have, there is a small chance he was attacked or something).

The lesson I learnt though, is that it's always important to show, or tell, others that you love them, and not just assume they realise. And I think, with someone like RDJ, who's out there on his own, doing his own thing, it's especially important. His public identity may be that of a cold, self-contained sort of person. But everyone needs to know they're loved. It just worries me that, at this point in his career... maybe he's struggling to come-up with commercially viable material, maybe he's struggling to move on after the split with his wife/partner, maybe he's feeling isolated and forgotten about, or that his style of music is out-dated... I think we can all agree he seems to be stuck in a bit of a rut at the moment.

So my point is, I'd just like to say: thank you, Richard. Your music has given me so much (often at no personal cost to myself at all!), and I'm fully convinced you have what it takes to get out of this assumed dark patch in your life and keep making awesome music (released or not) well into your twilight years.

P.S: I can smell a shitstorm on the horizon, but I think, for those of you who assiduously keep up with every new detail on RDJ in this forum, if you take a moment to consider the various signs, I think you'll find this thread to be justified.

I think this would work better if Richard actually visited or gave a shit about this subforum, right now it's just a little sad.

I wish I wasn't so cynical.

Sorry about your buddy.

But considering Lord Richard of Cornwall made the Metz and Manchester tracks I don't think there is too much to worry about his direction in music. He follows his own star. Just because of his lack of output under the moniker Aphex Twin don't mean shit. It's all some legal bullshit.

He's the fucking daddy and always will be. Have faith.

Ps Richard I Love You.

Was unsure for a while about whether this thread was worth making or not, but I now feel my instincts are worth trusting, and even if they're wrong only good could come of it.

So basically, one of my best friends went missing several weeks ago and it made me think: even though we all loved and appreciated him so much we never showed it. He;s one of the smartest people I've ever known and very capable in every aspect of his life so I guess we never worried that he had a dark side or would ever consider going missing (of course, he may not have, there is a small chance he was attacked or something).

The lesson I learnt though, is that it's always important to show, or tell, others that you love them, and not just assume they realise. And I think, with someone like RDJ, who's out there on his own, doing his own thing, it's especially important. His public identity may be that of a cold, self-contained sort of person. But everyone needs to know they're loved. It just worries me that, at this point in his career... maybe he's struggling to come-up with commercially viable material, maybe he's struggling to move on after the split with his wife/partner, maybe he's feeling isolated and forgotten about, or that his style of music is out-dated... I think we can all agree he seems to be stuck in a bit of a rut at the moment.

So my point is, I'd just like to say: thank you, Richard. Your music has given me so much (often at no personal cost to myself at all!), and I'm fully convinced you have what it takes to get out of this assumed dark patch in your life and keep making awesome music (released or not) well into your twilight years.

P.S: I can smell a shitstorm on the horizon, but I think, for those of you who assiduously keep up with every new detail on RDJ in this forum, if you take a moment to consider the various signs, I think you'll find this thread to be justified.

I agree with your post all the way, just not sure if he's stuck in a rut but like you say, it's best not to assume we know others so well as to take them for granted. So thanks to RDJ as always, thanks to you for the post, and I hope the best for your buddy as I'm sure most others here do as well.

I saw Richard on Bloc last year on the café just chillin.

Why didn't I said something to him?!

I think he is a bit creepy maybe, hes got a bit of that scary face and he is100 dimensions over me.

Probably he would told me to fuck off. :emb:

I think he is a bit creepy maybe, hes got a bit of that scary face and he is100 dimensions over me.

I don't think he would have minded if you just introduced yourself, but if you ask to give him a blowjob he might tell you to f off. He seemed like an approachable albeit weird fellow in the Coachella video I saw.

Having all the equipment and skill he has and getting paid as much as he does to perform for a couple of hours with little to no criticism... That's a rut I'd happily stay in.

Sorry about your mate.

I don't think he would have minded if you just introduced yourself, but if you ask to give him a blowjob he might tell you to f off. He seemed like an approachable albeit weird fellow in the Coachella video I saw.

Hi Richard

I'm really sorry..

I lost a best friend two weeks ago and never got to really express how much i appreciated/loved him. I am sure he knew it but who knows...

Your positive outlook is encouraging... stay strong dude

Hi Richard

Hi

Archived