IGNORED

Peel Session 09.09.1992

whylessness

Hey all. On a cached version of aphextwin.nu the track time of Blue Calx is listed as [6:58] for the 1992 peel session. The 1992 peel session I downloaded has a 128 kbps version of Blue Calx with a length of 7:20 (the same as the SAW II version), and it sounds exactly like the SAW II version. In the "The Downloads Are In Here" thread, there are versions of Cunt, Italic Eyeball and Quixote, but no Blue Calx or We have arrived. I'd be really keen to hear a peel session version of blue calx, since it's one of my favorite tracks, and because the radiator peel session version is so different. Does anyone have a download to the version of Blue Calx from the 1992 peel session, or would be able to clarify its length? Hope this doesn't go against any copyright stuff because it's unreleased. Even a nicer quality version of either peel session would be heavenly!

Hey all. On a cached version of aphextwin.nu the track time of Blue Calx is listed as [6:58] for the 1992 peel session. The 1992 peel session I downloaded has a 128 kbps version of Blue Calx with a length of 7:20 (the same as the SAW II version), and it sounds exactly like the SAW II version. In the "The Downloads Are In Here" thread, there are versions of Cunt, Italic Eyeball and Quixote, but no Blue Calx or We have arrived. I'd be really keen to hear a peel session version of blue calx, since it's one of my favorite tracks, and because the radiator peel session version is so different. Does anyone have a download to the version of Blue Calx from the 1992 peel session, or would be able to clarify its length? Hope this doesn't go against any copyright stuff because it's unreleased. Even a nicer quality version of either peel session would be heavenly!

it's 6:59 in length

My version is 7:20, and sounds exactly like the SAW II version. Any way you could upload it / pm me a link? Pretty sure the version I have is just the SAW II version in low quality. I hate to be a bother, but most of the links after extensive searching are dead / have a password / have a version of Blue Calx which is exactly as large as mine (which I believe is not the peel version). Thanks for the response.

My version is 7:20, and sounds exactly like the SAW II version. Any way you could upload it / pm me a link? Pretty sure the version I have is just the SAW II version in low quality. I hate to be a bother, but most of the links after extensive searching are dead / have a password / have a version of Blue Calx which is exactly as large as mine (which I believe is not the peel version). Thanks for the response.

Done

The only thing I (and everybody but Joyrex) don't have is the We Have Arrived version of the Peel Session. Call me a obsessed completist, but I'd still like to have that version! I asked Joyrex numerous times about this but I don't think he read all of them, so maybe this time. Joyrex, you have the complete peel sessions (including John Peel talking around it?), could you please find it and share it? :emb:

Done

Any chance you could send it here too? Always looked for this one as well, would be much appreciated :happy:

The only thing I (and everybody but Joyrex) don't have is the We Have Arrived version of the Peel Session. Call me a obsessed completist, but I'd still like to have that version! I asked Joyrex numerous times about this but I don't think he read all of them, so maybe this time. Joyrex, you have the complete peel sessions (including John Peel talking around it?), could you please find it and share it? :emb:

I'd be extremely interested in this as well. Don't mean to be a pest. Thanks for all the help so far!

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I have it somewhere - I don't think the quality is great though, as I recall those were some of the first MP3s I ever had, and they were probably 128/192 at best. I remember playing these on my Creative RIO (remember that Mp3 player?) on my home stereo...

I'm sure somebody has the unedited tape of the original broadcast...

Yeah, I have it somewhere - I don't think the quality is great though, as I recall those were some of the first MP3s I ever had, and they were probably 128/192 at best. I remember playing these on my Creative RIO (remember that Mp3 player?) on my home stereo...

Thanks for the reply :) I've been looking for the complete original broadcast for yeaaars now but I've never seen anybody with it, I guess you're our only hope :cry: I also still have the 128kbps versions of the other tracks from the Kazaa days.

I'd be extremely grateful if someone could PM me the -92 Peel version of Blue Calx as well.

done.

Thanks for the reply :) I've been looking for the complete original broadcast for yeaaars now but I've never seen anybody with it, I guess you're our only hope :cry: I also still have the 128kbps versions of the other tracks from the Kazaa days.

Indeed, I'm still waiting for this to pop up somewhere as well. Kazaa, ah that takes me back

• Like 1

LOL, I think that's where mine came from - that, or Audiogalaxy. Now THAT takes me back. My first P2P client!

Audiogalaxy was amazing. Cant believe it stayed open for so long!

LOL, I was dumb enough at the time to use it at work, and then the IT Network Admin came to me saying it crashed their firewall and to uninstall it.

• 9 years later...