IGNORED

Why no release of old material from WARP?

beerwolf

I wish I was a massive south american drug-don/billionaire, with a private army and I'd just wade in and say hey motherfuckers (not BoC but all the others who'd squirm for money) here's your fucking cash, now release the fucking music.

Same as with RdJ, here's your wifes million quid, assasinate all the cunts at the American division of his record company, who want more Windowlicker. All problems ironed out.

Then we'd have a massive soundsystem built on some island in Micronesia which I'd fly everyone out too for free, and we'd have a massive mountain of free drugs and BoC and Aphex would play massive sets and everybody would have a fucking massive time. And I wouldn't want a penny back.

Massive mate.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if they don't release because they don't make enough money with it or its because they don't need the money or because they don't care or because they don't want to ruin the legacy they have

As far as I'm aware, I've always considered the Old Tunes to be a bit more of a Hexagon Sun Collective compilation than a purely BoC release

Maybe they have no intentions of releasing them because they aren't even ALL made by BoC, only some tracks are, and some are compilations between other collective members, or purely by those members, etc.

Interestingly enough, when I asked BoC to identify/confirm the track names on the "unknown old tunes" cassette (the one with mostly unknown track names), I was told that some of the tracks aren't BoC (and of course they politely declined to identify the tracks, theirs or otherwise), and said that some of these tapes are compilations, "mixtures" of tracks.

Personally, I think they're all BoC (but it's certainly possible some of the tracks were not made by Mike or Marcus, but current/former Hex Sun members (aka Chris Horne), so what they said is technically accurate... from a certain point of view

how do people on here feel about Chris Horne's music? You know.. the other guy from BOC?

wait didn't they used to have a drummer or something? was that him? :shrug:

Lol not sure if sarcastic?

Chris Horne was another member of BoC, I think they split up in the early days due to "artistic differences" or something. That being said, his music is pretty much in the same vein as BoC. He helped write and produce Twoism, if that means anything?

He has a couple good albums.

christ. helped with one song on twoism and that was his whole boc career as far as we know. i think he was never a real part of the band, just got that one credit on the 12" and the legend grew over the years since he forbids adressing it if i remember correctly.

as for his stuff, live album and distance lends enchantment to the view are my favs. earlier stufff not so much.

I've never heard his music but if he produced Twoism then I'll surely like it, I hold Twoism in a very high light. Thanks for spreading awareness :music:

Worth getting into; i did a couple of years back when i realised BoC weren't in any rush to put any new material out.

Here's a favourite of mine.

Guest couch

if you're interested in Christ I'd get Pylonesque, rest of his stuff is a bit hit and miss.

The Pylonesque track on that album is my favorite. There's a cool remix of it too. I dig all his albums.

Not trying to be a dick, but there is at least one recent christ. thread knocking around to discuss his stuff in (and he is worth it) rather than derailing the first rational and interesting 'old tunes' thread I've seen in the BoC subforum for quite a long time.

Mmmm as I tried to say in the first post, it seems odd that pre-twoism material hasn't materialised as a goody bag for The Faithfull to sink their fangs into, during this BOC drought. WARP had bought it aeons ago yet haven't seen the reason to deliver, yet everyones hungry for BOC, it would seem the perfect time to get some money back for what they paid for.

Obviously I just a cretin who thinks in cretin like ways. And therefore can't see the Masterplan. Of which I presume there is one.

Archived