IGNORED

13 years of Windowlicker!

Revitute

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do like Skrillex, but comparing Skrillex to Aphex Twin is like comparing 240p to 1080p! :D

Nice analogy, for a 13 yr old. Happy Birthday!

Hah! Thanks!

Guest some letters

Last time I was in LA I went looking for some of the places where the Windowlicker video was filmed.

I have never really liked Windowlicker. I loved the garish overkill of the video but that's Cunningham innit. I'm partial to the breakdown after the girl likes to fuck her dog/make dog treats/let her dog give her a lovebite/etc. but it's just not that great of a track. I went on to love Equation, Nannou and the Japanese bonus so I can hang with the "great EP" crowd but that is all. Surely I can't be the only one in this bumlicky thread...

It's accessible than his other stuff; less experimental. I still love it, though.

I have never really liked Windowlicker. I loved the garish overkill of the video but that's Cunningham innit. I'm partial to the breakdown after the girl likes to fuck her dog/make dog treats/let her dog give her a lovebite/etc. but it's just not that great of a track. I went on to love Equation, Nannou and the Japanese bonus so I can hang with the "great EP" crowd but that is all. Surely I can't be the only one in this bumlicky thread...

I agree with that. All of it.

Guest butWHY

Have you ever heard it performed live though? Because much as I like the track (and vid) though phones I could swear this has as single purpose: to be blasted at proper dB at spring/summer electronic music festivals. Might've been the acid but mind = blown, body = space, crowd = mental pure :braindance:

wait kiddd. so u were born on the day windowlicker was released?!

dope. well my favorite part about the windowlicker ep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-KMFxzA_Lk

and i heard rich play windowlicker at wireless in london and was disappointed since it sounded too close to the studio recording imo. didnt really surprise me since that festival was all about popular music.

i have heard some recent recordings where he mixed windowlicker up a bunch and that i like.

Archived