IGNORED

13 years of Windowlicker!

Revitute

not that i can recall, do you know which track? Phonecia uses the shit out of it on Brown Out and AE use it on Exai on a few tracks like 11 is and Vekos , but a little more subtlely

Mostly in the transitions. I don't have it at hand but I seem to remember it at the end of Vose In and then just before Under BOAC. Maybe parts of Corc too, but not quite as brutal. Just in the way the beat kinda 'blurs'. I remember I had a spectral plugin in Buzz that did something similar to the blurring in Corc.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aphex mp3s were leaking in 99? in those days it took an hour to dl one song, and the vast majority of people didn't even know about mp3s yet...

the track does have kind of a junky sound to it tho

I was listening to DMX (the rapper, not Ed DMX) and Tupac MP3s back when I was in school, in 1998. loads of kids in my school knew about MP3s...

granted, it did take a fucking age to download shit, but they were definitely out there. And the MP3 format was released in 1995...

Haha yeah I remember downloading the first two minutes of Windowlicker (and also Mookid) from some geocities site, and that's all I heard of the track for several months, until I actually went out and bought the cd.

Do you hear that sound Yek?

It's your Windowlicker.

Age ain't nothing but a number

Go get it!

Toy-poodle-playing-fetch-dogs-13518485-1

ok i guess i better get my act together!

edit: this is actually quite inspiring

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Social Spastic

13 years ??? i seem to remember the video coming out when i was in the 6th form so thats 1997 but the release year on the cd single is 1999

Almost perfect, but you forgot the part with the smiley face in the spectrograph. Not unimportant, I'd think.

Bzwwwwwwwwwww:)www:)wwww;)wwwwwww:):):)wwwwwwww

Guest homo detritus

Check out "mental retardation" at Wikipedia.

WATW, lol.

Maybe Im off, I cant even bother to read it. Gah.

Archived