IGNORED

Clark's @ The Boiler Room March 29

Guest Backson

I must be listening to something else than you guys.

clarks live shows are always kind of boring. It just sounds like he is fading random loops in and out all the time. there is no climax or anything

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Backson

clarks live shows are always kind of boring. It just sounds like he is fading random loops in and out all the time. there is no climax or anything

when I saw him at the end of 09 he was great.

Guest sirch

Eh? Is that it?

yeah. half hour. way too short! :(

bit of a slow start again, just like the workshop last week. it takes him a bit to get into it now...?

i blame watmm. you've destroyed his confidence!! you bastards!!!!

yeah? I have seen him live before and half of his equipment was not even plugged in. I like his music very much the more I wonder why he does not prepare it just a bit more. he could do so much more without much effort

Guest sirch

not always. well they never used to be, anyway. not when i've seen him before. but we are talking early 2000's, so... i dunno.

Guest sirch

yeah? I have seen him live before and half of his equipment was not even plugged in. I like his music very much the more I wonder why he does not prepare it just a bit more. he could do so much more without much effort

the moog sound right at the end was epic... for a few seconds there!

should've played longer...

i don't know why he needed all that gear there, and to be standing behind it.

could've got rid of some of it and just been lying down on a mattress and played another half hour set... and drank a few more huge beers!

Guest Backson

the best time i saw him was a minimal setup, think it was just CDJs, effects and a mixing console. So maybe not what you had in mind, but it was really off the cuff, and he would drop tracks in quick succession and in combinations that worked surprisingly well. And plenty of drops.

As I recall anyway. Maybe I view that concert with rose-tinted shades?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived