IGNORED

New Tool record end of year?

azatoth

Imagine if they decided to take a few months aside and just bash out another album without overthinking it like a normal band, maybe a year after this one.  I bet it would destroy 10,000 Days.  Prob come out similar to Undertow, but with better production.

I've been thinking/saying this for years - I would love to hear what they can come up with in a shorter timeframe. Something perhaps more authentic and immediate, instead of some over-analyzed whatever that's gonna be totally predicable and frankly irrelevant at this point.

They should know by now that overthinking/overanalyzing separates the body from the mind.

lol

Baph just kicking the door in...

Havent see you around these parts, man.

Lemme tell ya, I can barely see my own parts these days I mean ehuhuhuh lemme tell ya

• 2 weeks later...

hahaha jules it might happen, shit. I thought there was no chance of a single this soon but you might just get it...only a few days tho. good to see them not taking things too seriously. ?

edit: in line with that^ I see they're co-headlining with Korn of all bands lol

Edited by auxien

On 5/2/2019 at 1:48 AM, paul8088 said:

i am unable to get into this band

why should i care for tool

just listen to 80s/90s king crimson instead

On 4/8/2019 at 7:53 PM, modey said:

I think if we put together our knowledge and resources we could probably make a pretty great fake Tool album tbh

sounds like Tool did that themselves, somehow.
obv just a shitty live recording, but goddamn does this sound just like 6 different Tool songs smashed together. 

I like the first half of Invisible quite a lot - very cool guitar part, one of Adam's most melodically satisfying in a long time.  They integrated the vocals into that rather well.  For the second half of the song the vocals seem disconnected from the rest of the music, like an afterthought (which I guess they are).  The drumming at 7:45 is fucking unbelievable.  Looking forward to hearing the studio version.  Definitely tops anything off 10,000 Days.