IGNORED

New Tool record end of year?

azatoth

Hey, They doing a mini tour soon, so I'm sure some new tunes will pop up in their set...perhaps...maybe...meh...whoms'tve

I got a friend of a friend, who knows this guy that lived next to the studio where they were tracking at. He said, although take this with a grain of salt, that the new album sounded, and I'm quoting him here...

"mmm, it sounded pretty cool I guess."

Edited by olo

I got a friend of a friend, who knows this guy that lived next to the studio where they were tracking at. He said, although take this with a grain of salt, that the new album sounded, and I'm quoting him here...

"mmm, it sounded pretty cool I guess."

WHOA HYPE BONER

2LATE already

came hard cummies

http://www.toolband.com

their website.... is a new website!!!!

apc twitter account tweeted that there would not be a new tool album this year

i couldn't help but wonder if they could be using the word "album" to fuck with people

now i see the nav on the new site has "releases"

i'm calling it. 2017. digital first. likely surrounding the oddly huge june 24 show with primus, the melvins, fantomas, clutch, and crystal method

• 2 months later...

At 1:16:50 in this Tool seminar dealy with Adam Jones he plays a "new" riff (from 2014) that actually branches out a little bit melodically from what he normally does:

That's the most promising bit of new material I've heard since this thread was born, so I felt I should share.

christ, that website

they went for that damn scrolling page trend, which is getting old

they updated their website after 50 years and its already back to being fucking dated

• 2 months later...

New APC song, with album to likely follow 2018:

http://smarturl.it/TheDoomed

15 year old me was pretty stoked to hear the news.  

I learned through the you tube comments that beatitudes is pronounced bee-attitudes, and not beet-i-tudes as I had always read it.  Up until then I just thought Maynard was shitting on his own lyrics again with "newbie attitudes".  It does seem like something he'd stick in there just because.  It could still be a deliberate dumb pun.

Initial impressions were that the heavy compressed roomy drums sounded great, but the rest of the production was a bit over the top and slightly cheese.  Song doesn't flow the best, but is kind of interesting and probably more enjoyable with successive listens.  I think I did get burned out on vocal Maynardisms a long time ago.  Sounds like Puscifer.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

• 3 weeks later...

Wasn't a huge fan of the new track on first listen but I saw them last Thursday and the song sounded massive live. All 3 of the new ones sounded great but the song Hourglass is definitely the best of the 3. New album in 2018, I just hope it's relatively early in 2018. I don't want to be listening to singles for 7 months.