IGNORED

New Tool record end of year?

azatoth

Justin has pretty much always played bass (during some songs) like it was a guitar. That's not new.

That's why I said more like a guitar.... like just flat out strumming fuzzed out power chords at the end.  I'm trying to give them some kind of progress credit.  It's hard.

^haha got ya. You're right though, very true.

And modey, I mean it is just a teaser. Maybe even just a decent quality demo.

Edited by auxien

drum tracking is done 2 months after they entered the studio. i'm really excited. they've never spent so long writing. Now they are taking their time in the studio. somewhere they said they had like 2 CDs worth of stuff they're working on. hype

Edited by very honest

If they are not releasing a double album after all this time, then I am disappoint. 

I agree.

They have set themselves up for disappointment no matter what. After some time goes by, people may calm down about it, but initially it is going to be "it took 12 years to have a 1:00 interlude with spoons?"

If they are not releasing a double album after all this time, then I am disappoint. 

I agree.

They have set themselves up for disappointment no matter what. After some time goes by, people may calm down about it, but initially it is going to be "it took 12 years to have a 1:00 interlude with spoons?"

FLOL. Yeah, the immediate backlash this album will face upon release is going to be pretty severe. 

i have a hunch they will make the discography finally available for streaming when they release the new album

in 2020

Edited by colunga

Streaming will be dead by then, we'll be directly downloading memories into our minds of respectable people (Fantano, Pitchfork reviewers, that guy in that recent Aphex video) having listened to the music with their professional ears and minds. We'll all be better for it.

Tool confirmed that every song on the album is over 10 minutes in length. The drum portion of the album is fully tracked. Chancellor plans to track the bass parts following Tool’s upcoming festival appearances, to be followed by Jones. Maynard James Keenan’s vocals will be tracked last. They also played fans a new segue featuring Carey “on a modular synth going along with some politically charged vocal sample in the beginning.” The segue, which was in the vein of Tool’s “Merkaba”, will appear on the album, according to Jones.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/05/tool-answer-questions-about-new-album-at-music-clinic-event/

Tool confirmed that every song on the album is over 10 minutes in length. The drum portion of the album is fully tracked. Chancellor plans to track the bass parts following Tool’s upcoming festival appearances, to be followed by Jones. Maynard James Keenan’s vocals will be tracked last. They also played fans a new segue featuring Carey “on a modular synth going along with some politically charged vocal sample in the beginning.” The segue, which was in the vein of Tool’s “Merkaba”, will appear on the album, according to Jones.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/05/tool-answer-questions-about-new-album-at-music-clinic-event/

nice. 2018 seems very unlikely now though.