IGNORED

New Tool record end of year?

azatoth

Keenan tweeted, "Update- Final vocals tracked MONTHS ago. Then U.S.-UK-Euro run w #APC. If Tool all inst are tracked, long process of Mixing now. Meanwhile write/film/track w @puscifer for #puscifer2020 & troll the band FBs with wine posts. #funnyshit #whileyouwerewhiningiwasworking"

Keenan tweeted, "Update- Final vocals tracked MONTHS ago. Then U.S.-UK-Euro run w #APC. If Tool all inst are tracked, long process of Mixing now. Meanwhile write/film/track w @puscifer for #puscifer2020 & troll the band FBs with wine posts. #funnyshit #whileyouwerewhiningiwasworking"

In other words, it'll be another 6 months of mixing and production edits...

I'm SO ready to be underwhelmed...

Interestingly, a fan named Chuck then tweeted Keenan asking if Tool could release the new album as a surprise on a random Friday without any advertisement or promotion.

“I feel like the album is just going to drop on some random Friday with no warning or promo and we are all just going to lose our minds.”

Keenan responded, “No.”

I actually watched a Fantano video where he talks about how Tool doesn't seem to have any interest in having younger music fans check out their stuff, since it's not available on any streaming platforms. This might signal a DGAF proggier direction for this album, if they keep it that way, since they only care about their old fans in theory. Possibly?

But I thought it was an interesting point. I remember Prince was against his music being available on anything for a while. This makes no sense to me, like an author going around and taking all of his books away from libraries so less people can read them. 

Their old excuse for not being on streaming was to encourage people to listen to albums as albums, iirc. Can't blame them at all for that imo. It's their music, they can do whatever they want.

This might signal a DGAF proggier direction for this album, if they keep it that way, since they only care about their old fans in theory. Possibly?

Honestly I think it'd be the opposite. Their music is way less proggy/complex than a lot of the current prog metal (cf. Haken, Periphery etc) so I'm prepared for it to be kinda.. boring? 

This might signal a DGAF proggier direction for this album, if they keep it that way, since they only care about their old fans in theory. Possibly?

Honestly I think it'd be the opposite. Their music is way less proggy/complex than a lot of the current prog metal (cf. Haken, Periphery etc) so I'm prepared for it to be kinda.. boring? 

Like others, I'm fully prepared to be underwhelmed. They took far too long to release the mediocre 10,000 Days and I don't see this being any better. They're stuck in a certain time and style. 

Wear the grudge like a crown of negativity
Calculate what we will or will not tolerate
Desperate to control all and everything
Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen

Clutch it like a cornerstone, otherwise it all comes down
Justify denials and grip 'em to the lonesome end
Terrified of being wrong, ultimatum prison cell

Saturn ascends
Choose one or ten
Hang on or be humbled again

Justify denials and grip 'em to the lonesome end
Saturn ascends, comes round again
Saturn ascends, the one, the ten
Ignorant to the damage done

Wear the grudge like a crown of negativity
Calculate what we will or will not tolerate
Desperate to control all and everything
Unable to forgive these scarlet lettermen

Wear the grudge like a crown
Desperate to control
Unable to forgive and sinking deeper

Defining
Confining
And sinking deeper
Controlling
Defining
And we're sinking deeper

Saturn comes back around to show you everything
Let's you choose what you will not see and then
Drags you down like a stone or lifts you up again
Spits you out like a child, light and innocent

Saturn comes back around. 
Lifts you up like a child or
Drags you down like a stone
To consume you till you choose to let this go
Choose to let this go

Give away the stone
Let the oceans take and trans mutate this cold and fated anchor
Give away the stone
Let the waters kiss and trans mutate these leaden grudges into gold

Let go

No streaming was likely due to the complexity of the ongoing lawsuit, which I think just ended last year or so.  From their standpoint, if they knew they were only a year or so out from a new release, it makes sense to hold out from moving their entire catalog to streaming. FWIW, all the APC and Puscifer albums are on Spotify so I'm guessing they'll make a pretty big deal out of it all.

If I'm gonna make any hopes for this record, I hope it's sludgier rather than overly-proggy, like a more matured Undertow combined with some of that Lateralus flair.

I'm very ready to be disappointed though.

I love Aenima thru 10k Days and I really like Undertow, so I see no reason not to think this will be a great bunch of lads

If I'm gonna make any hopes for this record, I hope it's sludgier rather than overly-proggy, like a more matured Undertow combined with some of that Lateralus flair.

I'm very ready to be disappointed though.

This... would love them to capture some of their earlier darkness and anger.. cant see it happening though.

having said that I do think it will still be pretty good, 10000 days wasn't their best but its still a very enjoyable album and has a few of all my time fav songs by them (Jambi & Rosetta Stoned) 

Edited by kirm

I am fully expecting a double album. I think they know they are up against a wall and have to deliver. I think there will be tons of tracks like rosetta stoned. I think Maynard's anger is all gone but he can still deliver thought-provoking stuff these days. Im sure the music is going to sound like tool, not really expecting any updates. There will be some nasty shit for sure.

uh-oh

A fan named Odysseas Kripotos tweeted Keenan, “It looks like there is not much communication between the four of you.”

Maynard responded, “No shit.”

---

Another fan named ACrowleybeast recently tweeted Maynard, “I know that when I am forced to linger on a book longer than I would like to, I feel like the character’s are on life support, and I am ready to come to a conclusion! How does it feel as a musician when it comes to a project that is incomplete for longer than u would like?”

Maynard responded, “Like a slow death.”

---

Tool fans on Twitter recently said Maynard James Keenan was the reason that the band’s new album isn’t done yet, and he shot back with a clever tweet.

E.G.Mcnaughton tweeted, “Man, #JustinChancellor is a Fucking Beast!!! Man I can’t wait But happiness comes to those who wait. Right? Soon…@Tool @AdamJones_tv @EvilJoeBarresi @mjkeenan @puscifer #DannyCarey @LYONNESSE9.”

David Sharp responded, “He’s amazing. @Tool is amazing. Looking forward to new stuff in 2019 from them…finally….hopefully ”

Derek W then tweeted, “shhhhhhhh…dont jinx it..”

David Sharp tweeted back, “oh I know. Sorry. However No more walking on eggshells… I heard they’re getting closer to finishing so it’s time to lay the vocals and hopefully get touring.”

Keenan responded, “Seriously? Still blaming me. #whileyouwerewhiningiwasworking.”

finally PROOF that MAYNERD is the best member of TTOOL, actually the only good. the others are PLEBS he should kick them out and finish the tool alb ALONE.

UGH