IGNORED

New Tool record end of year?

azatoth

At this point i’d Almost rather they just cut their losses and scrap the whole damn thing

But, we’ll see how I feel about it in 5 years when it gets released

What do you mean by cut their losses? It seems after various stops and starts over the years, they've finally completed the writing for the most part and started recording, which the most they've done since 10k Days. 

And who cares if it's taken them this long? There are plenty of other music to listen to and find while waiting for a new Tool album. Even if a new album never gets released they'll have a solid discography.

Edited by azatoth

At this point i’d Almost rather they just cut their losses and scrap the whole damn thing

But, we’ll see how I feel about it in 5 years when it gets released

What do you mean by cut their losses? It seems after various stops and starts over the years, they've finally completed the writing for the most part and started recording, which the most they've done since 10k Days.

And who cares if it's taken them this long? There are plenty of other music to listen to and find while waiting for a new Tool album. Even if a new album never gets released they'll have a solid discography.

Lol

nice. i trust rogan to share it with us and we can all take one big dmt hit at the same time when we listen bro

Jamie, pull up that video of Maynard ripping someone's dick off. look at those muscles, they're like corded steel, man. they will take you out in a second.

• 1 month later...
Here we go. imminent...

Ivonna Cadaver recently sent out a tweet that excited Tool fans. She wrote a few days ago, “Bowl for Ronnie! @PinzBowling w/Adam Jones @Tool New Album coming out any day now! Interviews in new episodes to come on #MacabreTheatre @AdrenalinePR SOLD OUT EVENT! Interviews to die 4 @YoutooAmerica 10pm ET eve Sat night #horror #Halloween2018.”

She has now followed up this tweet by quoting exactly what Adam Jones told her, and what Jones said indicates the album will be done in 2018.

A fan asked her, “Any day now?”

She responded, “This tweet struck true controversy! I have been working on new episodes, events, content. I couldn’t answer all! I can now! Adam’s words to me ‘it should be DONE any day now’. I said ‘I can’t wait, man’ he said ‘believe me neither can we’. Sincere. @Tool”

he posted a picture of him playing slide guitar the other day. he has been doing guitar for months now. I’m think he means he will be done tinkering to death in 2018.

• 1 month later...

Wait - they have a newsletter ? What news is usually featured in the letter

heh. they've put out a newsletter every month since 2000. https://www.toolband.com/newsletter-archives. they're weird and meandering and often lack any tool news

Edited by very honest

• 4 weeks later...