IGNORED

New Tool record end of year?

azatoth

The new APC is pretty good for what it is. MJK's voice sounds amazing.

Yeah only had couple of listens but is really nice and agree his voice sounds awesome. Prob not going to satisfy people with a Tool craving, is pretty chilled and prob closer to Puscifer than Tool but is a lovely album.(and made a nice break after a few weeks of listening to nothing but Ae!!)

urrkkk! I’m trying to listen to that APC but it’s like “sincere sad rock”, turning down the volume gotta make sure nobody hears that *cringe*

Yeah I thought most of it was pretty cheese, and the autotune on Maynard's voice was killing me.  Great drum sound though, and it started off promising.  A bit too Jimmy Eats World meets Andrew Loyd Webber for me.  Though I am a big fan of the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack.

ha yeh that vocal processing is rather juicy..

that music matches the corniness of the album artwork, can we assume it is all purposefully corny..? Or are these guys actually tapping each other’s backs and wiping each other’s tears over the deep manly/emotional feels they are conveying through this..?

Edited by Guest

Yeah I thought most of it was pretty cheese, and the autotune on Maynard's voice was killing me. Great drum sound though, and it started off promising. A bit too Jimmy Eats World meets Andrew Loyd Webber for me. Though I am a big fan of the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack.

Good Lord. This sounds appalling.

I've been warned off APC before by the ultra Tool fan I met in college that dragged me to all their shows just after Lateralus came out. That description sounds exactly as shitty as I imagined they sounded.

I kinda love how unashamedly cheese that song is! Listened to the album again this morning and personally very much enjoying it.. is pretty soft radio rock but is very well done for what is.. just don't listen to it expecting Tool and you never know you might enjoy it!

Yeah, 11 years to make something that sounds like it was based on something from 10000 days.. can't remember which track, don't care enough to look it up :P

A few points:

Pretty sure that's the riff Adam has been playing at live shows for 10 years.

Justin has pretty much always played bass (during some songs) like it was a guitar. That's not new.

It's likely empty and boring in part because there's room for vocals and/or this is just a demo.

Also before you start typing in response to that^ yes, the riff is and all is actually pretty boring for the most part. Just nothing much special going on there from my first listen, except....

The last minute gets pretty damned interesting to my ears. A bit different than I'd have expected, which is of course good.

It's not terrible.. but honestly, I really did expect them to have something a bit more interesting to show for the past 11 years.