IGNORED

New Tool record end of year?

azatoth

There will be 10 songs, each one 1000 days long.  The album will be called "Literally 10,000 Days".  Danny Carey finished his drum tracking in a couple months by playing a tiny drum kit thousands of times faster than the actual tempos, which they will later slow down for the rest of the band to play to.

Danny Carey finished his drum tracking in a couple months by playing a tiny drum kit thousands of times faster than the actual tempos, which they will later slow down for the rest of the band to play to.

holy fuck what happened to the funny quotes thread

Been listening to Lateralus a lot since this thread got bumped.

I realised today the reason I can still tolerate this one is because it's essentially a postrock album. It's like if Tortoise made an album wearing leather studded jackets and eyeliner.

I realised today the reason I can still tolerate this one is because it's essentially a postrock album. It's like if Tortoise made an album wearing leather studded jackets and eyeliner.

fucking lol

I do still enjoy Lateralus. Isis did that sound better on In The Absence of Truth, imo.. that's probably been brought up a million times in this thread by me already though so I'll stop.

fucking lol

I do still enjoy Lateralus. Isis did that sound better on In The Absence of Truth, imo.. that's probably been brought up a million times in this thread by me already though so I'll stop.

Never really bothered with Isis so ty, will check it out.

Isis are rad, but the drums on Lateralus (parts and tone) are untouchable.  Not even the same ballpark imo.  

Yeah I had a listen to the first couple of tracks. It's good but it's definitely more 'metal'. Whereas it's the non-metal elements of Lateralus I find pleasing.

Have you heard of Shipping News? Reminds me a bit of that, but obviously more amped.

Isis are rad, but the drums on Lateralus (parts and tone) are untouchable.  Not even the same ballpark imo.  

Yeah I had a listen to the first couple of tracks. It's good but it's definitely more 'metal'. Whereas it's the non-metal elements of Lateralus I find pleasing.

Have you heard of Shipping News? Reminds me a bit of that, but obviously more amped.

been rockin out to this since you recc'd it to me, tis the goodness

Yeah I think they really ended on a peak, though Oceanic is also a peak, mostly for the perfect pretty-to-bleak transformation that is Carry.

I completely disagree, I feel they got better as they went along.

Yea, I am in this camp. I think every album was better than the last.