IGNORED

New Tool record end of year?

azatoth

Well it seems they updated the bands homepage with some new trippy art... I hope the skeletons and shit mean they're back to being darker and heavier again...

https://www.toolband.com/

That art is from 2006 or so

Ah well nvm then I just saw a post about it on the metalinjection blog, I haven’t actually looked at their website since about 2006

Artist Gabriel Shaffer, one of the friends of the band Tool, has confirmed hearing the group's new material "from start to finish," writing in a subsequently-deleted Instagram post:

"Still recovering from last night's hang in Hollywood at the loft. All I can say is I heard something from start to finish, that a number of us have been waiting to hear for over 10 years now.

"I can confirm it is worth every bit of the wait. The main question is are we worthy."

Well that's good news. I'm just hoping for something good, not expecting great as their past albums but if it is that'll be...great. Tool must be pretty nervous since anticipation is so high. I wonder if that anticipation kept them from wanting to put out their music for so long. 

Last night I was plagued with thoughts of just how awesome the vocals were on Aenima.  More specifically, the song Jimmy and the ending of Pushit, since those were the bits that kept playing out in my head.  

Well that's good news. I'm just hoping for something good, not expecting great as their past albums but if it is that'll be...great. Tool must be pretty nervous since anticipation is so high. I wonder if that anticipation kept them from wanting to put out their music for so long. 

I think the long time between releases is due to some lawsuits about insurance or someshit like that, general life getting in the way and them being very particular in what they want.

I think the long time between releases is due to some lawsuits about insurance or someshit like that, general life getting in the way and them being very particular in what they want.

oh yeah. I think you're right. I forgot about that lawsuit stuff. That said, it's not like they finished the album 5 years ago and were waiting on it. I hope maynard gets back to making music more full time. While I liked APC's last outing, it is no Thirteenth Step. Not that it has to be in that style or anything.

Making wine > making Tewlz

Sometimes you just gotta throw on a romantic comedy, drink some prosecco, and have a nice soak while spinning Lateralus. Self love. Grow up glow up

I always had a hunch that lawsuit excuse was half bullshit. I understand it was a clusterfuck but ... Did the entire band have to show up for court each day or what? They have lawyers to handle that shit. It wasnt a divorce or close death (which you could understand maybe halting the entire creative process) no - it was insurance. Maybe the process tied up some money they were planning to use for the album?

oh yeah. I think you're right. I forgot about that lawsuit stuff. That said, it's not like they finished the album 5 years ago and were waiting on it. I hope maynard gets back to making music more full time. While I liked APC's last outing, it is no Thirteenth Step. Not that it has to be in that style or anything.

dude has made more music since 10,000 Days than Tool's entire career. I think it's very safe to say that Adam is the slowpoke...

Edited by jules

quality over quantity

half of APC is meh/bad

Puscifer isn't much better

Tool ain't perfect but imo their ratio is way higher, good songs/album good albums/career

it's all taste tho 

Adam/Justin/Danny definitely are the slowpokes no doubt but if that's how they wanna write, okay. I couldn't be in a band that worked on the same songs for 10 years but whatever, I'll give them $20 for a CD when it comes out, sure it'll be good if not really good or maybe maybe maybe great?

He's very much a right hand master yeah. From assumptions slightly based on /behind the scenes newsletters and such/ it's the whole band minus Maynard that all like to sorta go down every possible fork and all. Maybe it is all Adam tho? Who knows.