IGNORED

New Tool record end of year?

azatoth

Not sure what to do. Possibly end up with a ticket tomorrow that puts me up in the heavens with a pair of binoculars or pay on eBay double + for a good seat. Seeing as I hardly go see live bands nowadays and how often will Tool tour again Im thinking of the latter. To be honest I find the whole process of buying tickets a utter ball ache. 

Edited by beerwolf

19 hours ago, psn said:

Saw them in a small club in '93 opening for RATM, both bands were killer. Then again at an outdoor festival in 2006, which was decent enough.

whoa

1 hour ago, beerwolf said:

Not sure what to do. Possibly end up with a ticket tomorrow that puts me up in the heavens with a pair of binoculars or pay on eBay double + for a good seat. Seeing as I hardly go see live bands nowadays and how often will Tool tour again Im thinking of the latter. To be honest I find the whole process of buying tickets a utter ball ache. 

there may be good seats. on the side is kind of the way to go with the arena shows, so you can be close to stage and looking down on it. i've been able to find those. being central in front of the stage for audio reasons doesn't apply as much in arena context.

if you haven't seen them live then you should try to go. 

batches of seats may be released in stages, hours and days after the initial on-sale time. so keep checking back if there was nothing worth getting at first.

Edited by very honest
  • Thanks 1

Flol I’ve just woken up! totally forgot about this ? Only thing available is high in the sky, so I’ll wait. There seems a few spare days between dates so maybe more shows? At the moment I shall abstain.

• Haha 1

Hah! Whoop! Whoop!

Just had the bright idea (which is pretty good for me seeing as I’m still in my pit!) to wander over to the o2 website to check the floor plan and they had just announced the new Tuesday date. Got first floor seats, which is exactly where I want to be ?

I need a strong coffee ☕️ 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

whole bunch of bitching going on on their site. from what I understand of it, pre-sale orders are getting cancelled for the Tool army:

https://toolband.com/news/2021/new-tour-dates-announced/

just looked to see what they are in my area. nose bleed seats are $65, then add in the hidden fees and comes to $96 a ticket. the seats closer to the stage are in the $400-$600 range per ticket. hmmmmm....

I saw them on the Aenima tour in '96, and hold that concert in super high regard in the memory bank. it was in this run down ghetto part of SW Houston, and the venue (International Ballroom) was a former department store that had been gutted and turned into a warehouse type place for raves and industrial bands. it was hotter than hell in there, the pit was violent, one of my friends almost passed out because he was so fucked up. you know, the good 'ol days. don't know if I need to sour that by doing this corporate Tool concert stuff where I'll pay out the nose for the experience. plus, I may fall asleep if they start noodling away with the 10,000 Days jams.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, auxien said:

^i’m pretty sure i was at that same Houston concert

oh damn, that's awesome. I remember this was the phase where Maynard painted himself silver, and would have a blue spot light on him a lot of the time. he was hopping around on stage like some alien-like being.  

• Like 1

i didn't see any Houston 1996 videos but i watched this one instead and goddamn did they sound amazing there. the bass and guitar at the intro both sound so big and raw together.

i'm not sure if i caught them there on this tour or a couple years later? if it was this one then my parents let me go when i was 14 lol. i'm pretty sure it was at the International Ballroom, and i was definitely in high school.

Maynard's definitely got that alien being thing going on here yeah. Danny sounds so tight and so loose at the same time, he's really such a great drummer but not just in the ways everyone usually talks about. he's hanging back but still pushing hard just right in that track.

Edited by auxien
  • Like 1

Very excited to get the chance to see them. Boy those Tool Army dudes (as posted by zero) are really unhappy. For a band that aren’t exactly prolific, I’ve always wondered about that whole Tool Army subscription shenanigans. But I guess if Aphex had a similar thing I’d also pay up, but he releases a shit load more music than Tool. (4am post, hope it makes sense)

On 10/1/2021 at 3:45 PM, auxien said:

i didn't see any Houston 1996 videos but i watched this one instead and goddamn did they sound amazing there. the bass and guitar at the intro both sound so big and raw together.

i'm not sure if i caught them there on this tour or a couple years later? if it was this one then my parents let me go when i was 14 lol. i'm pretty sure it was at the International Ballroom, and i was definitely in high school.

Maynard's definitely got that alien being thing going on here yeah. Danny sounds so tight and so loose at the same time, he's really such a great drummer but not just in the ways everyone usually talks about. he's hanging back but still pushing hard just right in that track.

GodDAMN I wish I'd seen them here. I lived in Houston from 92-2006 and would have been 20-21 that year, no excuse as I was a huge Tool fan at the time, and since 93. I'm often mad at myself for just not going to shows very much in the mid 90s. Missed out on a lot of good stuff. I just didn't like spending the money I guess, preferred to spend it on drugs and CDs I guess. And it's not like I didn't go to shows at all, I just tended toward smaller shows I guess, many at Numbers, Fitzgerald's, etc. I did see acts like Ministry and Cypress Hill at International Ballroom though, 96 and 95 respectively. Why not Tool?!! I didn't see Tool until around 2002, after Lateralus.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2021 at 5:59 AM, beerwolf said:

Very excited to get the chance to see them. Boy those Tool Army dudes (as posted by zero) are really unhappy. For a band that aren’t exactly prolific, I’ve always wondered about that whole Tool Army subscription shenanigans. But I guess if Aphex had a similar thing I’d also pay up, but he releases a shit load more music than Tool. (4am post, hope it makes sense)

Tool has such a rabid fanbase that they can get loads of people to pay through the nose for all kinds "exclusive" shit. And with them being a hot ticket band getting a chance to get tickets early before all of them going to scalpers they will be signing up for the special club. I guess Tool gets most of their income from filling out arenas on tours. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Went to the Blonde Redhead wiki page, and right at the bottom there's a bit mentioning that they're opening for Tool for some 2022 US tour dates.  wtf.

Actually, this makes more sense than the time I saw them with Tricky opening.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Tool were on top form last night. In fact they were fucking brilliant. An amazing show and they sound just as good (if not better) than they do on record. Some of the tracks and visuals were just incredible. And the Fear Inoculum tunes were mustard, just as good as the classics. I know they have their detractors, but if you were there last night you may of come away with a different opinion. Was it a 10/10 show? Maybe. Possibly a point or so deducted because the floor is seated which I felt seemed to suck a little energy from the crowd (last time I was there I don't recall seats on the floor) Boy am I wiped out today, totally dead . Thankfully the tube and train journey back to leafy Berkshire was really stress free and only took 2 hours. But I did go just before the encore to miss the mass pile out, but that felt like a worthy sacrifice, and don't regret it. Two hours of Tool was good enough for me. I think they played two hours thirty minutes in total. Danny Carey is a beastman warlord ? ?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...