IGNORED

New Tool record end of year?

azatoth

that lateralus tour was one of the greatest musical experiences of my life

no wait the Spokane show several years ago was the best Tool concert. fuckin UFOs floatin around.

it was something out of Close Encounters. 3 ufos slowly came apart from the top of the stage and started rotating. it was an intermission. the ufos were humming. I remember it sounding quite nice. they were flashing different light patterns. some of the rays were red and yellow. the ufos hovered and were spinning towards my brother and I on the floor. I held his hand and said to him "we're going home"

sounds awesome.

oh believe me beerwolf, this will be bumped promptly after i win.

no worries mr jules :biggrin: , but I think you'll find it will be ME bumping promptly, after I, Beerwolf wins :wink:

Edited by beerwolf

it was something out of Close Encounters. 3 ufos slowly came apart from the top of the stage and started rotating. it was an intermission. the ufos were humming. I remember it sounding quite nice. they were flashing different light patterns. some of the rays were red and yellow. the ufos hovered and were spinning towards my brother and I on the floor. I held his hand and said to him "we're heading back HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME"

fixt/lol/tool

so just to be clear, i get to create your avatar and you have to use it for at least a month right?

Yeah, summat like that.....

*gulps, at the confidence radiating from jule's post*

looks like a windowlicker poster in the tool loft...

fu6r09.jpg

Is that a bass pedal synth on the far right?

Someone once told me he plays the bass synth on... whatever that really long track is at the end of Lateralus... is it Reflection? Anyway... pretty sure it was my brother who told me, and he tells me a lot of shit that isn't true, so I dunno. But I guess the drums in that track are relatively speaking a bit simpler so maybe it would't be a problem for Carey to play drums and synth at the same time.

looks like a windowlicker poster in the tool loft...

fu6r09.jpg

Is that a bass pedal synth on the far right?

Someone once told me he plays the bass synth on... whatever that really long track is at the end of Lateralus... is it Reflection? Anyway... pretty sure it was my brother who told me, and he tells me a lot of shit that isn't true, so I dunno. But I guess the drums in that track are relatively speaking a bit simpler so maybe it would't be a problem for Carey to play drums and synth at the same time.

don't think it would be danny playing that part. would guess it probably either adam or even maynard.

Mannard.

can't wait for the truth!!!!

Come on Tool, BoC, and Aphex!

This is the year. Let's do this!

I was at the Dallas show in '94 when Maynard announced that his friend Bill Hicks had just passed away, and Maynard also mentioned he was sickened by this so much so that our gig wasn't going to be that great. It was great. The Flaming Lips and Failure opened for them. I nearly died in the mosh pit. Wayne Coyne was wrapped in christmas lights. #hardasstoolfannotassociatedwithtypicalidiotictoolfans

Christians and Tool fans have a lot in common, most of them suck at being fans of what they love.

Christians and Tool fans have a lot in common, most of them suck at being fans of what they love.

That reminds me...

I remember as a teenager, raised as a Christian (as some oldskool watmmers such as yourself may remember), I had a sort of morbid curiosity towards Tool. Christians hate them, but something made me wanna listen to them. I guess the sort of idea of wanting to do what you're not supposed to do.

At first they freaked me out a little but it didn't take long to get into them cos the first full album I listened to in full was Lateralus.

But I got into them again last year, and I realised... there is very little Anti-Christian in Aenima, Lateralus and 10,000 days. It seems weird that Aenima was this big "no-no"...

That reminds me...

I remember as a teenager, raised as a Christian (as some oldskool watmmers such as yourself may remember), I had a sort of morbid curiosity towards Tool. Christians hate them, but something made me wanna listen to them. I guess the sort of idea of wanting to do what you're not supposed to do.

At first they freaked me out a little but it didn't take long to get into them cos the first full album I listened to in full was Lateralus.

But I got into them again last year, and I realised... there is very little Anti-Christian in Aenima, Lateralus and 10,000 days. It seems weird that Aenima was this big "no-no"...

Tool has been more anti-religion than explicitly anti-Christian. I think the main gripe from Christians has more to do with Tool's use of occult imagery and ideas. Or then it's just; kids like it and it's rock music, therefor bad.

It's interesting that Lateralus doesn't have any profanity in it, I think fuck is used once in Ticks & Leeches. On the whole Lateralus is quite a positive album compared to the angry and cynical Aenima.

Edited by azatoth

That reminds me...

Tool has been more anti-religion than explicitly anti-Christian. I think the main gripe from Christians has more to do with Tool's use of occult imagery and ideas. Or then it's just; kids like it and it's rock music, therefor bad.

It's interesting that Lateralus doesn't have any profanity in it, I think fuck is used once in Ticks & Leeches. On the whole Lateralus is quite a positive album compared to the angry and cynical Aenima.

Yeah.... I remember reading Christian reviews just kinda out of morbid curiosity now that I'm on the other side of the story... they seem ok with most of Lateralus but they hate Aenima... but upon analysing Aenima's lyrics I realised there isn't really anything specifically anti christian or anti religious in the lyrics.

Anyway.... dunno why I decided to raise that point in the first place :P

Christians hate swearing don't they though? Like hard core Christians.

Because certain words make you go to hell.

It's that easy to lose god eternal love.

Edited by Obel