IGNORED

New Tool record end of year?

azatoth

Ah shit.

Someone get Jules!

being a fan of Tool in the early days and finally getting album number two in 1996 was mind blowing and life affirming.

Some of you like Rush and I forgive you for that.

Fuck the Strokes.

Saw some interview with Carey and he was gushing on how awesome Discipline is. And yeah, King Crimson is a big influence on Tool, they even had KC open for them for a few shows.

Anyone think that the latest newsletters on their site with stories from The Loft is some coy way of saying that Tool is wrapping it up after the next album (which I still think will come out before new BoC)?

King Crimson is clearly awesome, but it's not like they make Tool cease to exist and be awesome in their own right. Listen to both, win win.

I don't like Rush. I just personally found that I never really went back to Tool after discovering King Crimson, who clearly influenced them in a big way.

i mean cmon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO2BIf12xnQ

it is just me or does the beginning of "discipline" sound a lot like the beginning of "vicarious"?

• 4 months later...

New Puscifer EP (Bohemian Rhapsody cover, etc) and his proposed touring schedule for 2013 would suggest new Tool is pushing out further. OR, recording is done and this is coming out soon. Doubtful though. I can only imagine Tool would want to hit the summer 2013 schedule, so the window is closing.