IGNORED

Aphex Twin interviews thread

ZoeB

zoe, why do you have to bring up your music and the fact that you're lesbian in every thread? there were so many ways to react other than 'I'm not really attracted to guys'. we get it, you make music and you like girls. it's ok. don't need to rub it in on every occasion.

<3

zoe, why do you have to bring up your music and the fact that you're lesbian in every thread? there were so many ways to react other than 'I'm not really attracted to guys'. we get it, you make music and you like girls. it's ok. don't need to rub it in on every occasion.

<3

My apologies.

This is the first time I heard of the Frank Sidebottom stunt on TV. It seems like there was a video of it on YouTube, but the account was closed. I'm not british and I didn't know who Sidebottom was, but for those who've seen it, was it cool?

saved it awhile back, here you go mate:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xd3rix

shit doesn't work, please re-up

Can't edit my post, but found the rest of the glass interview on aphextwin.nu. got the biggest boner when afx said he liked "jay dilla" in the future music interview

Edited by whylessness

Guest Lucy Faringold

<3

Chill out man. WATMM is enough of a fucking sausage festival as it is. :wink:

Hey ZoeB, don't mean to be a party pooper but most of his interviews consist of lies and bullshit. So you might as well conduct an Aphex interview in your own head as it would have the same relevance.

I'd admit the last interview he did (for AM) seemed have a few more grains of truth in it but on the whole who really cares of Aphex interviews? I don't mean to be harsh, just sayin...

Regards,

BW

The only part of your statement I agree with is that he has been known to lie in interviews, even compulsively some might say, altho I still say it's interesting. Some interviews consist of more bullshit than others, but for some it can be fun to sort fact from fiction (or try) like discovering that certain track titles are anagrams, or finding out that a different alias was actually RDJ, or finding a random track that wasn't released on an album... etc. There isn't much known about this artist compared to most who are as 'popular' as him, so any info some might find interesting, fake or not it's for the reader to decide, not for beerwolf to say it's all irrelevant. Then again everyone is entitled to their own opinion, that was mine.

I was playing a teeny weeny bit of Devils Advocate...

This is the first time I heard of the Frank Sidebottom stunt on TV. It seems like there was a video of it on YouTube, but the account was closed. I'm not british and I didn't know who Sidebottom was, but for those who've seen it, was it cool?

I just checked it again, seems to still be up? PM and i'll email it or re-post it somewhere else if you still can't get it to work.

The second page of that ace glass interview is fucked

Yes, thanks for posting it, but the 2nd image was also not working for me.

<3

So she's into good music and women, basically she's like everyone else on this board right? got it.

Thanks for the thread, Zoe, I enjoy your thoughtful and insightful posts as well.

Has anyone ever spotted the Sun Moon Stars perfume ad he mentions working on in the Glass / RDJ interview?

The second page of that ace glass interview is fucked

Sorry guys, works for me still.

http://i.imgur.com/s9leT.jpg

still no good, might be showing for you because it's still in your internet cache

Thats weird, it worked on my work computer as well. Try this: osRj5.jpg

worked, thanks!

Has anyone ever spotted the Sun Moon Stars perfume ad he mentions working on in the Glass / RDJ interview?

After a brief search on YouTube, I found a Sun Moon Stars advert from 1994, which really doesn't sound like Aphex Twin wrote the music, but then again it doesn't look like David Lynch directed it either, yet apparently he did. (Contrast this with Ridley Scott's adverts, which are practically mini Blade Runners, complete with Vangelis soundtrack.) Chris Cunningham's Orange advert sounds more like Aphex Twin to my ears, but probably isn't. They could be anyone, really. There are various adverts that use his off-the-shelf music rather than having anything original written for them (anyone else remember the Pirelli one?), but they're not of much interest, as those tracks are widely available. And then there's Aphex Airlines. :D

So I have no idea, sorry. :/

in the philip glass article the interviewer asks if in 20 years time he'll be playing prestigious concert halls like glass. very prescient mr. interviewer

Cunningham makes music too. maybe so he didnt have to bug richard?

just admit you want to jump on his pants like every single one of us

I'm not really attracted to guys, sorry to disappoint... In terms of career, I want to be like him. I don't want to be with him. I don't care about him at all, outside of the context of music making.

Not really...meaning if she likes you she will still give you a go. :wink:

Cunningham makes music too. maybe so he didnt have to bug richard?

That's a good point, I forgot about that. Although directing something takes a lot of time and effort, so you'd probably outsource the music to someone else even if you can do it yourself.

Guest cult fiction

After a brief search on YouTube, I found a Sun Moon Stars advert from 1994, which really doesn't sound like Aphex Twin wrote the music, but then again it doesn't look like David Lynch directed it either, yet apparently he did. (Contrast this with Ridley Scott's adverts, which are practically mini Blade Runners, complete with Vangelis soundtrack.) Chris Cunningham's Orange advert sounds more like Aphex Twin to my ears, but probably isn't. They could be anyone, really. There are various adverts that use his off-the-shelf music rather than having anything original written for them (anyone else remember the Pirelli one?), but they're not of much interest, as those tracks are widely available. And then there's Aphex Airlines. :D

So I have no idea, sorry. :/

The Orange advert soundtrack is Barry 7's Contraption by Add N to (X), thanks to a youtube comment.

The Orange advert soundtrack is Barry 7's Contraption by Add N to (X), thanks to a youtube comment.

Thanks! ^.^

Guest capitan mission

I really appreciate the uploads, thanks. No magazines about electronic music in my area

pd: oh, and I love lesbians too

I just checked it again, seems to still be up? PM and i'll email it or re-post it somewhere else if you still can't get it to work.

Yeah it's ok now, got it.