IGNORED

Aphex Twin interviews thread

ZoeB

"Is it true that Warp Records founder Steve Beckett once wanted to watch you have sex with some Japanese girls?"

"Good question. Yes, it is. Sorry Steve! It was in exchange for some johnnies."

:emb:

Johnnies?

.. Johnny is an ugly bastard yeez

rubber_johnny.jpg

I just searched 'rubber johnny' to find this image quick and the search suggestion 'rubber johnny real' came up, that's halarious to see that some people are questioning or thinking it may be real. I wonder how many people have had nightmares and such from this video, good work Cunningham

It's such a light video, I don't get the fuss. I like it because it's fun...

yea, I love the video and don't find it frightening at all, and do think it is fun as well, but someone not in the same mindset or not really an Aphex fan might just be freaked out, the music alone can be scary, it adds to the intensity too, lots of foreign stuff there to someone who doesn't listen to much electronic music or watch many horror movies and such

edit: to sum it up, to some it's a complete mindfuck

the edit was just to say 'mindfuck'

Edited by PhonicBoyOnDope

i dont find any media scary. music, films, nothing. its all make believe. it provides a mood yes,but scare me? no

Edited by marf

I stumbled upon this John Peel interview from the nineties. Although probably well known, I hadn't seen it before. Some of you geeks possibly neither.

Good post goDel. Seen it before but enjoyed seeing again, though I think Richard working down a tin mine is a big Aphex lie (the cheeky grin gives it away)

Good post goDel. Seen it before but enjoyed seeing again, though I think Richard working down a tin mine is a big Aphex lie (the cheeky grin gives it away)

He was probably pushing papers for the mining company ;-)

He was probably pushing papers for the mining company ;-)

Yeah, I can't see him up to his neck in grime and on the end of a shovel lol.

Edited by beerwolf

• 1 year later...
Guest Little Lord Faulteroy

nice interviews, escpecially that Future Music one, didn't know that one

but i'm looking for an interview with him, around the release of the richard d james album.

it's a pretty long interview, on a pretty basic website, where he says that To Cure A Weakling Child is one of his most advanced tracks

and other things...

thanks in advance

• 9 months later...

Nice one Those are a lot better... I have many more bits including more Aphex, Ae, Plaid & tBD, Squarepusher and some Warp bits from various magazines and newspapers. Too many too mention... so I shall compile the Aphex related bits here for those who care ;)

Edited by kani hinksi

Thanks, both of you!

I believe the message you're thinking of is the "anyone remember when 303`s were £50? and coke was 16p a tin? crisps 5p" one. I believe the original post was deleted a long time ago, with no proper archive, although plenty of people copied and pasted it. I've got all the Panflet posts, but haven't singled them out as he clearly wanted his privacy for those.

Nice one Those are a lot better... I have many more bits including more Aphex, Ae, Plaid & tBD, Squarepusher and some Warp bits from various magazines and newspapers. Too many too mention... so I shall compile the Aphex related bits here for those who care ;)

yes! thank you psn and please kani man! that would be awesome

Thanks, both of you!

I've got all the Panflet posts, but haven't singled them out as he clearly wanted his privacy for those.

wait, what what? there are more panflet posts besides analogue haven?