IGNORED

Caine's Arcade

Guest A/D

Basically a 9-year-old kid in LA made a bunch of sweet (ok, they're kind of shit, but kind of amazing) arcade games out of cardboard boxes, some indie filmmaker put it online, and now he gets to go to college. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

This ties in to my hope that news media will eventually be forced to give positive events the same coverage as shitty ones.

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-caines-arcade-video-cardboard-arcade-20120411,0,7270609.story

http://www.cainesarcade.com

yeah I saw that. I thought it was some viral michel gondry video at first, then not. It's pretty cool I guess. Seems like a great kid.

Guest RadarJammer

This video won't leave me alone. Am i the only person that doesn't really find this kid special in any way?

Yuck. I came across this video casually a few months ago or maybe last year on VICE tv and it was awkward then but ten times as awkward now that its festering like a viral internet boil. The only thing more awkward than videotaping a kids autistic imaginative adventure with cardboard is flashmobs.

He makes the kind of stuff I made as a kid when friends came round, though the difference being that whereas he has a hip indie short made about him I used to get bollocked and told to "clean up that blaahdy mess"

Guest Pennywise

This video won't leave me alone. Am i the only person that doesn't really find this kid special in any way?

Yuck. I came across this video casually a few months ago or maybe last year on VICE tv and it was awkward then but ten times as awkward now that its festering like a viral internet boil. The only thing more awkward than videotaping a kids autistic imaginative adventure with cardboard is flashmobs.

Negative Nancies

Right, very few people win this kind of lottery. But I think it's cool that it's somewhat merit-based, unlike the lotteries won by many others

Carry on

god damn you people are cynical.

i used to make my own tv's out of cardboard boxes, i loved it. yes, all kids do creative stuff like this. the fact that we can all relate to whimsical childhood creativity seems like a good enough reason to celebrate it, no?

Guest Drahken

I made the Turtle Van out of a refrigerator box when I was a kid, I fucking lived in that thing until it melted in the rain one day.

i once painted every part of my parents white house with axl grease as far as i could reach, it took me hours, all i got was a spanked bum.

i once painted every part of my parents white house with axl grease, wd40 and coaldust mixed together, as far as i could reach, it took me hours, all i got was a spanked bum.

im not even gonna fix that burger either

Archived