IGNORED

Playground Equipment

murve33

Guest Drahken

Coolest playground thing I've ever seen was this slide in Japan made out of those rollers you see in warehouses for moving boxes along. You had to hike up this small mountain where they had a giant world clock (basically a giant globe that revolves in real time). Thing was like a rollercoaster, although for my massive 6'4 frame it was hard to go around some of the corners. Was super fun to go down head first.

Not sure if this is the same one but close enough! Man I really miss Japan sometimes.

20u74nr.jpg

Heck at this moment I'm doing the landscape architecture of a vast new hospital, and within it there is an exterior playground. You should see how it's depressing, it has to be ADA-designed (and even more). No child will ever have fun there.

Ha, I want to see a picture of that when it's done.

losing limbs to merry-go-rounds was not uncommon

not that that matters, fuck limbs.. don't need them these days.

Coolest playground thing I've ever seen was this slide in Japan made out of those rollers you see in warehouses for moving boxes along. You had to hike up this small mountain where they had a giant world clock (basically a giant globe that revolves in real time). Thing was like a rollercoaster, although for my massive 6'4 frame it was hard to go around some of the corners. Was super fun to go down head first.

Not sure if this is the same one but close enough! Man I really miss Japan sometimes.

20u74nr.jpg

nice, the few I have been to haven´t beent that big though. I just remember them hurting like hell lol

The closest park to me has had a recent refurbishment. They destroyed the whole lot and put in this strange sponge like substance as the floor. All the things in there now are just wierd. They are all horribly co-ordinated colours, puke green and battleship grey if I remember. The swings have backs on them and look like Nascar seats. The monkey bars move when you get on them and there's rope everywhere.

Where I lived when I was younger had a great park. There was a rocking racehorse with about 5 or six seats. Now that was pure fun. You could really rock that fucker until it felt like it would fly off. Very similar to this:

rocking-horse-35.jpg

all i remember from playgrounds is pain and misery, but it's mostly kids' fault of course. basically i think children should wear a full-plate body armor until the age of 12 or so.

i also remember that i was attacked by a kid gang while hanging around in some playground, i ran but one of them managed to tear-gas me, i was about 9 or 10. /early 90's russia.

Heck at this moment I'm doing the landscape architecture of a vast new hospital, and within it there is an exterior playground. You should see how it's depressing, it has to be ADA-designed (and even more). No child will ever have fun there.

Ha, I want to see a picture of that when it's done.

I tried not to laugh at work but this guy looks like a serial killer trying to have some fun :

582-965_960_Pull_Chain_Attachment__70268_zoom.jpg

:nelson:

i love this thread.

philip glass, could you tell us about some of your designs? perhaps post pictures or plans or something?

Archived